I've missed you Tayz.

Two days later I'm at my father's door. I knock. Even though I can walk right in, but at the moment I feel like this isn't my home anymore. It's theirs. Hers and his.

I've stayed with Carly. Ignoring everyone's calls including Tanner's. It may seem I'm taking this way too seriously, but this a serious matter. I'm putting my foot down.

My mom answers the door, her facial expression changes from a smile to a frown. I don't say anything as I brush past her nor does she. She just let's me in and closes the door behind us.

"Marie? Where are you off- oh, hello Tayzley." My father rounds the corner, holding a dish rag in one hand and a clean plate in the other. "I've been trying to call you, where have you been?"

"Thinking..." I pull out a kitchen chair and take a seat. "Why?" I cut to the chase I'm not beating around the bush.

Both my mom and dad sigh deeply before he answers. "She's changed Tayzley, that's why. Can't you at least give her a chance to show you she has?" His question comes out more as a plea.

I don't even look at him when I speak. My hands fiddle in my lap, a nervous habit I've had since middle school. "Did you think I would be okay with this? Did you think I'd walk around, happy family smiles, hands intertwined, skipping in the grass like this is okay? She fucking left you for someone else. Now all of the sudden she's back?" My temper takes over, my hands wrap around the table cloth to try and control it. I've never been so angry.

"Tayzley I mean no harm, I'm your mother. I just want us to be a family again. Please." If she were still on drugs, she'd get down on her knees and beg me I'm sure. Yet she lies a hand on my shoulder, then the other hand on my other shoulder, almost hugging me from behind. "You are my daughter, Aly is my daughter and Carson is my son. I want that again. I want to be happy again. And for the first time in almost fifteen years I'm happy, healthy and ready to be your mom again, button." She sighs, kissing my cheek. "If I mess up, I'll leave. But I know from now on I'll only devote my time to my family." She moves back, stepping next to my father.

"I love her Tayzley. Never stopped. And to actually get this chance to start over has made me the happiest man alive. You don't find love like this often, so why let it slip away?" I glance up at my parents. I look closely at how my dad looks down at my mother. The green in his eyes glow with iridescent love. It's impeccable. Time almost freezes. Almost as if she never left him, she never actually fell out of love.

I push the chair out from the table and stand, looking between both of them. I can't be to happy about this, but the way they look at each other softens my heart a little, melting a thin layer of the ice coating it. "Okay." I say simply.

I don't say much of anything else either. I kind of just stand there in and almost calming silence, until my mom asks if I want to help cook dinner. I agree and end up staying for dinner and hugging them both goodnight before I head over to Tanner's.

***

I arrive at Tanner's, but his truck is no where to be seen. I take the key he gave me and unlock his door. For once his house is clean, only a few of Emerson's toys scattered.

I sent him a message telling him I was here and to come home. I miss him. He doesn't reply and before I know it I'm filling asleep on his couch.

What seems like minutes later, only for it to be two hours later he comes in. I pretend I didn't hear him and keep my eyes closed. I feel his presence near me and hear the bones in his knees crack as he bends down beside me.

"I know you're awake Tayzley." His tone nowhere near playful. What is his deal?

I sit up and rub under my eyes. He watches me. "What's wrong?" I ask.