The Sign Of Three

Murder was solved. Nobody died. Everything was okay.

"Then there is no need for me" Sherlock thought and moved slowly to leave.

But he suddenly saw her and froze...Jane Foster. She was there staying alone and looking at him with a smile ion her face. Sherlock knew that she was dead. She killed herself in front of him. However, he was sure that Jane wasn't product of his imagination. Not this time, at least. People seeing her proved this fact.

Her face was completely different but Sherlock knew this was her. She had a mark on her arm. Her skin was burnt. In other words it was mortificated.

"But how?" Sherlock thought "How was she still alive?"

Sherlock saw her leaving the wedding. But this time, he wasn't going to let her leave without any explanations. He wanted to learn why she kept following him.

He left the restaurant and started following Jane.

"Hey,stop. We need to talk."

Quiet surprisingly Jane stopped and turned on her heels to face him.Sherlock saw that she already has took off her makeup and was looking exactly same as she was looking like years ago.

"What about?"

"How did you manage to stay alive?"

"I wore a protective vest before and put blood bags into it."

"Why do you keep following me and then leave without a word?"

"To make sure you are safe."

"Why would you want me to be safe?"

"Well, I need to keep you alive for playing with you."

"Why are you here today? I suppose there weren't any dangers for me?"

"To see your little friend as a groom, you as a bestman. I had fun seeing you, guys again."

"You were here from the morning?"

"Of course. Today is my day off. So i won't tell things like 'you don't know where to look'" 

It was all too strange for Sherlock: She was making fun of herself. 

"You are sad,heartbroken. I guess you think you will not see John again. Everything will change." 

"No i do not."

"Well, do not worry. I won't tell anyone how you feel."

"You don't know how i feel." 

"Don't forget that we are alike. Sometimes we can feel same."

"I don't agree." 

"Yeah, because you are stubborn. Anyway if you don't want to talk there is nothing i can do."

"Do you really find it normal to talk about my feeling to my enemy?" 

"Actually if we consider that we are not normal it fits. Also, i am not your enemy today."

"Okay, i feel terrible. I think i have lost my friend. Plus, i feel bad for not feeling happy for my friend's happiest day." 

"Wow it is pretty complicated then. However i don't think you have lost him. I have seen that you two are real friends and friends like you never loses touch" 

"Alright, i hope you would be right." 

"I am always right. By the way, i need to go, i will send a gift for Mary and John. I would be glad if you give it to them. You can not to mention that i have sent it" 

"Okay." 

She smiled and started walking in the direction of the forest. 

"Jane..." Sherlock called her and Jane turned on her heels. "Ummm... Thank you." 

"You are welcome. Goodbye. " She smiled again and continued walking. 

                                                                                        ***

Sherlock entered home to see his brother sitting on his armchair. 

"Mrs Hudson is at the wedding i guess." 

"Yeah. Should i ask the reason of your visit?" 

"You know the reason." 

"Yes, well i do" 

There was a silence for a minute.Sherlock was looking down. Mycroft was looking sad too. Then he stood up from the armchair, came near to his brother and hugged him.

"I said to you. I said it was a danger. Alone is our only protection, brother mine."

"Can you please shut up? Just for a minute."

"Alright."

Was he crying? Was Sherlock hiding his tears by hugging Mycroft? We don't know. But, Mycroft seemed upset. He cared for him.

"If you say anything about today to anyone..." Sherlock threatened Mycroft with stepping away from him.

"I am not that bad, my dear brother."

"I hope so. But if you do I will send your videos."

"Which videos?"

"The ones you are singing at the bathroom."

"How did you...Sherlock stop getting into my home secretively."

"Do you agree?"

"Okay, I won't tell anything to anyone. And you will delete that video."

"I agree."