overworked

Modern au

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giyuu:

I greeted my husband as he walked through the door. "How was work?" I asked with a smile, trying to have a conversation. "It was fine, just a lot of things to do." He replied, kissing me on the forehead before heading off to his office. "Hey wait!" Sanemi turned his head to look at me. "Are you doing more work?"  "Yeah, I just need to get the project done." He continued walking back to his office. "Just... Don't let it be like other times okay..? Come to bed before midnight, please." I pleaded with him, grabbing onto his hand. "Of course my love." He smiled and his kissed my hand. "I love you."

I popped into his office to ask what he wanted for dinner. "Anything, I don't mind." He said, sounding drained and tired. "Are you sure? I don't mind making anything that you'd like." I walked over to him, placing my hand on his shoulder. "Yeah, I'm sure." He rubbed his eyes. "Alright then, but, are you okay? You can take breaks you know?" I said, showing my sympathy and love for him. "I'm fine my love, I assure you." He smiled but I could see right through him. "No you're not, come on, just take a little break, please?" I kissed his cheek and looked at him. He sighed before responding to me. "You know I can't reject you..." He sighed again but smiled. "I know." I chuckle and I pull him to his feet. I rub under his eyes. "You look tired." I comment. "I'm fine, promise." I nod, not believing him but accepting the response.

"Sanemi, are you sure you're okay? You keep looking at your phone." I observe as I take a bite of my food. He looks up from his phone and it took him a moment to process what I had just said. "Yeah, I'm fine, just checking in on what my boss said." I frown at the mention of his boss. "You have to take breaks, we've had this conversation many times already." I put my hand on his. "I know, and I promise to make up for lost time once I'm done with this project." He smiled and held my hand. I sigh. "Fine, I know how important this is to you." He smiled. "Thank you, I love you Giyuu." I smile softly. "I love you too Sanemi."

After dinner Sanemi immediately went back to his office. I sigh as I watched him  shut the door. I went to the bathroom to shower and get ready for bed. It was almost midnight by the time I had finished cleaning up. I got into bed and started reading wattpad. (you should read sanegiyuul0v3r's books 😁)

By the time I had finished reading it was already passed midnight. I sighed, Sanemi hasn't come back for bed yet. I got up and I headed for his office, hoping that I didn't find him asleep on his computer, again.

I walked in and I found him asleep, on his computer. I sighed as I saved his work and shut off the machine. I picked Sanemi up and carried him to the bedroom. I dressed him into sleeping attire and tucked him in. "You have really got to stop doing this..." I whisper as I wrapped my arm around him, my voice breaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

563 words