final moments

"Sanemi... I can't feel any pain... I think I'm going to die soon..." Giyuu rasped in Sanemi's embrace. "I know love... I can't feel anything either... you won't be alone..." Sanemi said, his muscles loosening, his insides popping out. (From Kokushibo fight) "I imagined us getting married yknow..." Sanemi chuckled lightly. "So did I... But... We can't all have our happy ending..."

The battle sounds soon faded. "Eh..? Did we win..?" Giyuu said, hazed. "We did... No need to worry..." Sanemi replied. "I'm sorry I wasn't much help..." Giyuu's voice started to tremble. "It's alright... You couldn't do anything much with one arm... We're all alright..."

The rising sun started to shine on the both of them. "Do you remember when we first met?" Sanemi brought the moment up. "I do..."
"I got so irritated by you... I thought you were so self-centred... I was far from correct... You're so perfect it makes me mad... I love you, Giyuu Tomioka" Giyuu let Sanemi's words settle in his mind before he started crying. "That makes me so happy Sanemi..." He let out a sad but genuine smile. Sanemi smiled back at him. "Sanemi... If we ever get reborn... Will you please... Take me... To be by your side every second of the way..?" Giyuu hiccuped. "Of course darling, that's a promise..."

The two sat in silence for a moment, listening in to the panicked kakushis trying to find them. "They're trying really hard aren't they..?" Sanemi chuckled weakly. "Mm..." The other hummed. "I can't believe this is where it all ends for us... But... At the same time... It was expected wasn't it..?" Giyuu looked up at Sanemi. "Yeah... I really love you, yknow that?" Sanemi smiled down at him. "I do... Please Sanemi... Let's share one last kiss before we go..." Sanemi's smile widened and he lifted Giyuu's head up to his. "But please... Remember to make me yours in our next life..."
"I'll remember... I promise my love..."

The two shared one last passionate kiss. Sanemi held Giyuu as tight as possible so they wouldn't be separated. Sanemi wanted to keep kissing until they had gone. Giyuu didn't mind this, all he wanted was to spend his last moments with the one he loved the most. They didn't pull away even if the other had already gone, They stayed until both had passed.

The kakushis finally found them. Kissing and totally breathless. (That's kinda funny)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

409 words