cry

After final battle Au
Sanemi angst

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giyuu:

I had returned from my visit to the Uzui family. I placed the basket which had once been full of gifts and treats down on a nearby table. "Nemi?" I call. No reply. I checked every room of the house. No sight of him. Then I went to the backyard. I saw Sanemi sitting infront of Genya's grave.

(They buried him in their backyard)

I sat beside him. "Are you alright..?" I asked gently. Sanemi was silent. I sighed as I spoke again. "I know you miss him... But... Sometimes we have to let go..." He was silent again.

After a few minutes I heard him sniffing. I looked at him and I realised he was crying. My face morphed into one of sympathy as I pulled him close and wrapped my arms around him. I held the back of his head with the arm that had a hand. I let him cry into my shoulder.

"He should've gotten married..." He mumbled. "He shouldn't have joined the corps and started a family! It was my fvcking job to protect him! I-I failed... I let him die... I-If only I had gotten there earlier then m-maybe I could've saved him... Maybe then he would've survived..."

My heart sank as I heard those words spill out of his mouth. "It's not your fault." I say. "None of that was your fault. You tried to protect him and that's all that matters." I smile at him.

He looked up at me with tears in his eyes. "Hello beautiful..." I coo. I wipe his tears with my thumb "Come, let me make you some ohagi" I kissed his forehead which made him smile. "Thank you..." He said quietly. "You're welcome, my love"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

300 words