Story 74: The Really Badly Adapted American The Frog Prince Story

This is the Forth to last story out of 19 stories in the Random House of Fairytales book collection I own they again like with Riding Hood claim and dedicated to the Story to the Brothers' Grim again but again I say it is really quite different as the Riding Hood versions are. The Princess is specifically illustrated as being blonde.
1. Difference no one in the other versions tell us the water is by a specific tree in a forest.
2. In one version it's a spring in an outside garden, in another it's a spring inside a forest, and the third and fourth versions (including Disney's idea it's in a swamp), and the fifth version this one it's at a fountain under an old lime tree with outstretching branches, Skylights.
3. Heinrich doesn't mean Henry so the servant name has officially changed in the version below.
4. Heinrich means "Home ruler" Henry is an entirely different servant in the story below from the Original The Frog King Story by The Brothers' Grimm.
So I will say this story's Author is totally Anonymous.

The Frog Prince Author Anonymous

In olden times, when wishing was still of some use, there lived a king whose daughters were all beautiful. But the youngest was so very beautiful that the sun itself was amazed each time it shone upon her face.

Close to the King'd castle was a large, dark forest where an old lime tree with spreading branches grew, Beneath the tree was a fountain. Whenever the day was hot, the king's child would run there to play, taking with her a golden ball. Over and over she threw it up and caught it, and this ball was her favorite toy.
Now one day it happened that the golden ball did not fall back into her hand, but rolled over the rim of the fountain. The king's daughter followed the ball with her eyes, but it sank slowly and vanished beneath the clouded water. Then the girl began to weep, and her tears came harder and harder. She thought she was all alone, but suddenly she heard a voice: "Why are you weeping, king's daughter? Your tears would melt even a stone to pity.
She looked around and saw a frog stretching his thick, ugly head from the water.
"Ah, water paddler, so it was you that
spoke!" she said. "I am weeping for my golden ball, which has slipped away from me into the fountain."
"Listen, then, and do not weep,"
» answered the frog. "I will
fetch your plaything up again, but you must give me something in return."
What will you have, dear frog?" she said. "Perhaps my pearls and jewels? Or do you want my golden crown?"
"I care nothing for wealth," the frog answered. "But if you will love me and let me be your companion, and sit at your table, and eat from your plate, and sleep in your little bed if you will promise me all these things, then I will dive down into the water after your golden ball."
"Yes, yes, I promise!" she said. But she thought to herself,
"What is the silly frog saying? Let him stay in the water with the other frogs. He can never be my companion."
The frog had heard only the promise and not the thought.
At once he plunged his head into the water, kicking hard with his legs. Down, down, down he swam, then came up again with the golden ball and threw it on the grass. With a cry of delight, the king's daughter took her beautiful plaything and ran off through the forest.
"Stop! Stop!" cried the frog. "Take me with you. I cannot run as you can!" But all his croaking was of no use, for the king's daughter never listened.
The next evening, when she was sitting at the table with her father and all his courtiers, something came creeping, splish splash, splish splash, up the marble stairs. At the top it knocked upon the door and cried, "Let me in, youngest princess. Let me in."
So she rose to see who had called her. When she opened the door, there sat the frog. Her heart began to beat violently and she slammed the door shut and returned to the table. The king saw that she was frightened and asked her if perhaps a giant had come to fetch her away.
"Oh, no," she answered. "It is no giant, but a horrid frog." (This Princess is exceedingly haughty compared to her other versions––Lumna10)
"And what does he want with you?" asked the king.
"Ah, dear Father, yesterday when I was playing near the fountain, my golden ball fell into the water. I cried so much that the frog carried it up again. But first, because he asked me, I promised he could be my companion. I never thought he would leave the fountain, but somehow he has jumped out and now he wants to come in here."
Then the king said, "What you have promised you must fulfill. Go at once and let him in." So the girl went and opened the door. Then the frog hopped in and followed her, step by step, to her chair.
"Lift me up," he croaked. "I am not so large as you are."
She delayed and delayed until the king commanded her to do it. Once the frog was on the chair, he wanted to be on the table, and once he was on the table, he wanted to eat from her golden plate. "Push it close to me," he said, "so that we might share the food between us."
The girl could not got am tired now. Carry me finished room and then we will sleep in your silken bed."
every thing: At last he said. "I am tired now darry me to you nan began to cry, for she was frishsened of the cold, ugly Great Sew he was now to share her bed. But the king was angry are art, "The who helped you when you were in trouble muse
not now be despised."

So the girl took the frog up with two fingers and put him in a corner of her room

So the girl took the frog up with two fingers and put him in a corner of her room. But as she lay in her bed, he crept up to it. "Put me on the pillow beside you, or I will tell your father." said he.
No longer could she bear it! Catching hold of the frog, she threw him with all her might against the wall. "Now, will you be quiet, you ugly frog!" she screamed.
But at the moment he fell, he was changed from a frog into a prince. He told her he had been under the spell of an evil witch and that only a king's youngest daughter had the power to rescue him from the fountain.
Her father had said he must be her companion. Now thar he was a prince she wanted to marry him and he could hardly refuse. They were soon betrothed and the next morning, when the sun rose, a carriage drawn by eight white horses came up to the palace. Behind it stood Faithful Henry, the servant of the prince. When his master was changed into a frog, Faithful Henry had grieved so hard that he had bound three iron bands around his heart for fear that it would break. But now the prince was saved and they were to return to his own kingdom.
Faithful Henry helped the bride and bridegroom into the carriage and sat down on the seat behind. They had not gone far when the prince heard a crack as if something had broken. "Henry, the carriage is breaking," said he.
"No, Master, it is not the carriage, but a band around my heart that was put there to keep it from breaking when you were
bewitched."
Twice again along the journey there was the same cracking sound, and each time the prince thought some part of the carriage had given way. But it was only the breaking of the last bonds around Faithful Henry's heart. Now that the prince was set free, his servant had no more need of them.

The end, hoped you enjoyed, Skylights one more story by Hans Christian Anderson the last one from this book edition. "The Emperor's New Clothes will be Story #75 people, have a wonderful evening, my dearest darling Skylights––Lumna10)

Stories we've covered in previous Chapters Cinderella, Charles Perrault #1 ✅
The Sleeping Beauty In The Woods #2 ✅
Rapunzel #3 ✅
The Twelve Dancing Princess #4 ✅
Jack and The Beanstalk #5 ✅
Snow White #6 ✅
Puss in Boots Charles Perrault #7 ✅
Beauty and The Beast Madame LePrince de Beaumont #8 ✅
The Valiant Little Tailor #9 ✅
The Frog Prince Anonymous Author #10✅
Red Riding Hood American Adapted Version #11 ✅
The Real Princess by Hans Christian Anderson #12 ✅
The Steadfast Tin Soldier by Hans Christian Anderson #13 ✅
Hansel and Gretel #14 ✅
Rumplestiltskin #15 ✅
The Snow Queen or Tale of Seven Tales Hans Christian Anderson #16 ✅
Thumbelina Hans Christian Anderson #17✅