Story 28: Princess Grace

Author remains unknown.

Princess Grace

Once upon a time when squirrels scurried across the manicured lawn of the royal garden of Niara, picking up the avacados from the ground, that is when our story begins, the story of Princess Grace.

It is on that sunny day that the Princess sat at an open window, looking out upon her garden of blooming flowers as the light of the sun painted her skin warm. At the door stood her young cousin, Stacey, watching her with a frown on her brow. Princess Grace was the kindest, the most polite and the most loving person in all of the kingdom whereas Stacey was the exact opposite. She despised Princess Grace even though it was the Princess's parents who had brought her up as their own child and loved her as much as their own daughter. In fact, the very thought of Princess Grace becoming the Queen one day made her clench her teeth.
"What a beautiful Kingdom!" complimented a young man unseen inside a coach riding towards the palace.
"Indeed." spoke the narrator agreeing with them. "That's Prince Ryan of the neighbouring kingdom."
He was there to meet the King for matters related to trade between the two kingdoms.
"Welcome, Prince Ryan, it is our delight to have you here." The King warmly welcomes him. The King introduced Ryan to Grace and Stacey, and then began to discuss matters at hand.
"Aah!" exclaims Stacey. "I am going to have to win the Prince over before he falls for Grace."
That afternoon, when Grace was strolling around the royal garden, Ryan went up to speak with her.
"Your Highness!" He greets her most sweetly.
"Ohh! Hello!" Grace easily greets him back.
"Since I am here for a couple days, I was wondering if you'd be able to show me around your kingdom?" inquired Prince Ryan.
"Sure!" agreed Grace. "Uh...Meet me outside the palace gate after supper, ha ha!" as she lightheartedly chuckles.
"Oh, thank you!" The Prince showed his gratitude by bowing and giving her thanks she never asked for. "The heat of the afternoon had fallen as the sun sank lower into the sky.
"Why am I so anxious?" inquires Ryan. "I should relax, right?!"
"Indeed!" said our narrator again.
Princess Grace rode up in her courage and invited the Prince in to it. "Hop in!"
The wheels of the carriage sang to the kingdom's roads as evening draped its blanket over the afternoon.
Princess Grace took Ryan to a huge clearing of long smooth bladed grass meadow with a small forest grove with tiny treasures half their size.
"Um...whyyy are we here?" asked Ryan confused.

"I want you to meet someone

"I want you to meet someone." Grace informs Ryan.
"Wow!" exclaimed Prince Ryan. "What is this place?"

 "What is this place?"