Time For A Dreamworks Comparison of Story19:Puss In Boots

And I'm proud to say with that sideline movie they actually got quite to the original story of Puss In Boots by Charles Perrault. There is only one other story comparable to a Disney movie that is The Frog King in Comparison to The Princess and Frog Princess Tiana's movie and that'z it. The rest are pretty much original twists on the lore laid out before it.

Puss In Boots by Charles Perrault

Far out in the countryside there was a poor miller who died, leaving his three sons all that he owned. No lawyers were called in, as they would have taken everything; instead the sons divided the property among themselves. The eldest took the mill, the second the donkey, and the third was left with the miller's cat.

"The youngest son was unhappy at having so poor a share. "My brothers can join together and earn a living," he said."But once I have eaten my cat and made a muff from his skin, I will surely die of hunger."

The cat had been eavesdropping and now he decided to speak. "Do not fret, Master," he said in a respectful and serious tone. "Only give me a stout sack and a pair of boots to protect my feet from brambles and you will find you have received the best portion of your Father's estate."

The the youth had little trust in the words of a cat, he had seen the creature play many clever tricks to snare rats and mice and decided to give him what he asked.
The cat put on the boots and slung the sack around his neck. Then he went to a place he knew of, where many rabbits came to eat. He had quantity of ran and some thistle leaves into his sack and stretched out near it as if he were a corpse. Soon a foolish young rabbit jumped into the sack and the cat pulled the drawstrings and killed him without mercy.

Proudly the cat took his prey to the palace and asked to speak with the king. He had decided that his master was to be called the Marquis of Caracas, and when he saw he was brought into the king's apartment, he bowed low, saying, "Look, sire, I have a rabbit that the noble lord, the Marquis of Caracas, has commanded me to present to you."

"Thank your master for me," said the king, "and tell him I am well pleased with his gift."

Another time the cat came carried his sack and hid himself among some standing corn. When a brace of partridges ran into the sack, he drew the strings and so caught them both. Again he presented his prey to the king and again the king thanked him.
For two to three months the cat continued to bring his master's game to the king. One day, when he knew the king would be out along the riverside with his beautiful daughter, the cat said to his master, " if you will but follow my advice, your fortune shall be made. You must bathe in the river at a place I show you and then you leave the rest to me."
The Marquis of Carabas went off to bathe without ever knowing why the cat wanted him to. But no sooner had he jumped into the water than the king passed by and the cat cried out loudly. "Help! Help! My lord, the Marquis of Carabas, is drowning!"

At this commotion the king looked out the window of his coach and recognized the cat who had so often his game. Quickly he commanded his guards to save his lordship, the Marquis of Carabas.
While they were drawing the marquis from the river, the cat came up to the coach and told the king his master's clothes had been stolen by thieves, who had run off with them. But the cunning cat had hidden the clothing under a large stone. Quickly the king commanded a servant to hurry to the palace and fetch one of his own suits for the Marquis of Carabas.
When he was dressed, he looked fine and handsome and the king's daughter thought she liked him very much. Without any need of instruction from the cat, the Marquis of Carabas treated her with affection and tenderness and soon she was quite in love with him.
The king invited the Marquis of Carabas to join them in their coach. The cat ran on before them, overjoyed that his scheme had begun to succeed. Coming upon some mowers who were scything a meadow, he said, "Good people, you must tell the king that they meadow you mow now belongs to the Marquis of Carabas, or you shall be chopped into tiny pieces like herbs for the pot."
Then the king stopped his coach by the meadow and asked the mowers who owned it. "The Marquis of Carabas," they answered all together, for the cat's threat made them all afraid.
"You have a fine estate there," said the king to the Marquis of Carabas."