1991: Disney's Beauty and the Beast Storyline P2/3

Fade in to Belle's cottage, seen from POV of Gaston and Lefou, who are spying on her house.)

Lefou: Heh! Oh boy! Belle's gonna get the surprise of her life, huh, Gaston?

Gaston: Yep. This is her lucky day!

(Gaston lets go of a branch, which swings back and hits Lefou in the mouth. He turns to the band, wedding guests and others, apparently just out of sight of Belle's cottage.)

Gaston: I'd like to thank you all for coming to my wedding. But first, I better go in there and... propose to the girl!

(The minister, the baker, and the others laugh heartily. Camera pans quickly to show the bimbettes crying their eyes out.)

Gaston: (To Lefou) Now, you Lefou. When Belle and I come out that door--

Lefou: Oh I know, I know! I strike up the band! (He turns and begins directing the band in "Here Comes the Bride." Gaston slams a baritone over his head.)

Gaston: Not yet!

Lefou: (From inside the instrument, with his lips sticking out the mouthpiece) Sorry!

(Cut to interior of cottage. Belle is sitting in a chair reading her new book. There is a knock at the door. She puts the book down and walks to the door. She reaches up and pulls down a viewing device. She peeks through and sees an fish-eye view of a distorted, grinning Gaston, dressed for his wedding. She looks away, groans, and pushes the door open.)

Belle: Gaston, what a pleasant... surprise.

Gaston: Isn't it though? I'm just full of surprises. You know, Belle, there's not a girl in town who wouldn't love to be in your shoes. This is the day...(He pauses by a mirror and licks his teeth clean.) This is the day your dreams come true.

Belle: What do you know about my dreams, Gaston?

Gaston: Plenty! Here, picture this. (He plops down in the chair and props his mud-covered feet up on Belle's book. He begins to kick off his boots and wiggle his toes through his hole-y socks.) A rustic hunting lodge, my latest kill roasting on the fire, my little wife massaging my feet, while the little ones play on the floor with the dogs. (Belle looks positively disgusted. Gaston gets up next to her face.) We'll have six or seven.

Belle: (playing dumb) Dogs?

Gaston: No, Belle. Strapping boys, like me!

Belle: Imagine that. (She picks up her book, places a mark in it, and puts it on the shelf.)

Gaston: And do you know who that wife will be?

Belle: Let me think.

Gaston: (Corners Belle) You, Belle!

Belle: (Ducking under Gaston's arms) Gaston, I'm speechless. I really don't know what to say.

Gaston: (Pushing chairs and things out of the way until he reaches Belle and traps her against the door) Say you'll marry me.

Belle: (Reaching for the doorknob) I'm very sorry, Gaston, but... but... I just don't deserve you! (She twists the knob and the door opens, causing Gaston to lose his balance and tumble out the door and into a mud puddle.)

Gaston: Whoa!

(The wedding band begins to play "Here Comes the Bride." Gaston's boots are thrown out of the door and the door is slammed shut. Lefou, who is directing the band, looks down and sees Gaston's legs sticking out of the mud, and Pierre the pig's head sticking up. Lefou cuts off the band, and Gaston's head pops up, with the pig on top of him. He tilts his head, and the pig slides down his back.)