[012] Mariam

Mariam is with Glenn and this girl named Tara that they found

Mariam is with Glenn and this girl named Tara that they found. Right now Glenn and her were having a conversation on why she needed to help them find Maggie. Mariam wanted to find Maggie, Fiona, Gia, Daryl, Beth. Maybe everyone.

"Brian, that man, told us you were bad people." Tara says.

"And you believed a one eyed man?" Mariam asked genuinely.

"He told me that you guys killed his daughter and he tried to fight back."

"Bastard's daughter was already dead." Mariam stepped up from behind Glenn to beside him.

"I know you guys aren't bad people. I can see you aren't, so what we did, what I did... I mean, i'm a piece of shit. Why would you want my help?" Tara started to walk away for the 10th time in this whole conversation.

"I don't want it, I need it. I have to find Maggie." Glenn spoke about the love of his life with a voice crack.

Tara shook her head, "Who's Maggie?"

"She's my wife."

"You guys got separated?"

"I was on the bus and then I got off to help and she didn't see me. But she did." Glenn pointed to Mariam.

"How do you know if she made it?"

"I don't know. But, Hershel, Maggie's father, was a great man. And he told me all I had to do was believe, and that's what i'm gonna do."

"He told me to stop being a dumbass." Mariam mumbled, Glenn and Tara looking back at her. "I'll stop talking now."

"Neither one of us should be alive right now." Glenn continues, "She got out, so you're gonna help me find her. Things aren't over. They're not over."

"I want to believe that." Tara says when Glenn started to walk away while having a hand on Marian's back. "I want to."

But of course, walkers had to interrupt the moment like Mariam has been doing this whole time. Glenn dropped his bag while Mariam pulled her crossbow off from around her chest and loaded it. As Glenn walked up to a walker Mariam shot the middle one.

"You have to." Glenn replies as he killed the walker at the left, the one of the right grabbing his arm so he fought back.

Tara just stood there while Mariam loaded her crossbow and Tara finally went to help Glenn. Glenn knocked out a different walker with his gun as Mariam grabbed her bolt and put it back on her crossbow.

All of a sudden Glenn started gasping and holding his chest then he passed out.

"Glenn!" Mariam yelled as she ran over to the opposite side Tara was at.

"Glenn. Glenn. Hey, Glenn." Tara shook him.

"Glenn." Mariam softly slapped his face expecting his to magically wake up. "Behind you!" Mariam yelled when she saw a walker behind Tara.

Mariam picked up her crossbow from her side but the walker was blocking it's head with Tara's body. Tara pushed the walker and grabbed Glenn's gun, repeatedly hitting it in the head as a big green vehicle pulled up beside them.

"Hope you enjoyed the show, assholes." Tara shouted, Mariam had her crossbow pointed at the vehicle as four people walked out of it.

"You got a damn mouth on you, you know that? What else you got?" A red head spoke.

"Is he okay? Does he need help?" A girl with a purple shirt on with cargo shorts asked.

Mariam felt something in her stomach when she looked at the girl who looked around her age. Mariam never felt this way with literally anyone. Maybe she's felt it with a few girls but she didn't know why she was feeling this feeling in her stomach around girls. She's never felt it with a boy, ever.

Mariam slowly lowered her crossbow with her mouth slightly open. She admired the girl for a second before stumbling with words.

"I— uh, yeah. He needs help."

*

LEES WORDS

these short chapters are introduction chapters btw

tiktok: glennseyeball.wp

wp