[029] No Breaks

Waking up was a hassle

Waking up was a hassle. God knows how long it's been since she's been asleep but she didn't think it was that long.

She woke up to a poke in her arm. It actually kinda hurt.

"Ow! Holy shit!" Fiona immediately sat up and saw Mariam sitting down, asleep.

"Sorry." Denise apologized, "But, I needed to wake you up."

"Why?" Fiona softly asks, sitting up fully in a hurried way, feeling a bit worried on how Denise's tone was. She knew how stressed out Denise was due to the W people.

"Rick's back. But... walkers followed him and no one can leave."

"What!?"

Fiona immediately stood up, taking out all the stuff that was inside her arms and the blankets off her body.

"No— Fiona! You need to rest."

"I can't."

"You have to!"

"I'll be fine. Mariam, let's go."

"What? What's happening?" Mariam woke up, her eyes still a bit closed as her sleepy voice sounded raspy.

"Just come on." Fiona tapped her once again before walking out the infirmary, apologizing to Denise before Mariam closed the door behind her.

"You're gonna have a badass scar." Mariam nodded at her sister's stomach which had a clean bandage around it.

Mariam didn't smile. She didn't smile anymore. Not after Gia, Noah. She would never get over them.

"So, what happened?" Fiona asks her sister as they walked back to their house. Fiona was hoping Daryl was there.

"Don't know. I was waiting on your dumbass to wake up." Mariam told her sister who smacks her arm. "What? Enid has been planning on leaving forever. She's been telling me since... I don't know."

"It's not her fault. I understand."

*

Fiona was sitting outside her house, alone.

Daryl still wasn't back which worried Fiona because she was starting to miss him. They protected each other and they needed each other.

She didn't wanna be alone without him anymore. She missed his presence where he would sleep on the couch inside her bedroom. Or when he would just be around her all the time.

She knew she loved him since she could remember. She also knew he felt the same but it took him a long time to figure that out.

Her thoughts continued as she thought about all the times they've had together since the beginning and now.

That was until she saw a large building start to fall and it ended up falling onto the floor, breaking the gates.