Chapter twenty-eight

Start from the beginning

He left the House, and wondered around outside. Everywhere he went, his Pack congratulated him. Wished him well, and that their Luna was lovely. Rolus was glad that his Pack welcomed Tamera, and even loved her.

Now, the hard part was him loving her. Well, it wasn't going to be hard to love her because after their mating, then their bond would be formed. It wouldn't be the best, but it would be enough to live happily together.

That's what he assumed. He hoped to achieve the same bond his parents had. Even though they were not true mates, it didn't show. His father loved his Mother to the Moon and back. Same with his Mother. Maybe they were great actors and pretended.

Rolus shook his head. No, his parents loved each other. And he was going to love his replacement-. No, he was going to love his mate like no other. And for him to do that, he must ditch the replacement part, and start to say his mate. Tamera was his mate.

He roamed some more, even going with one of his Warriors, Samuel, to scour their forest for any danger and unknown scents. The air was calm, with no sign of danger.

After the scour, he let Samuel leave. He sat down on the ground, the grass underneath uncomfortable. He would have preferred to turn into his wolf, but he didn't think it would be a wise idea with the mate thing.

He hoped Luke was not going to do anything stupid to jeopardize his ceremony or have Robert be mad with him.

He laid down, looking at the sky.

Luke. Luke was his mate. But after tomorrow, he was not going to be his anymore. Not that he was his to begin with.

Rolus stood up when he heard the sound of a car approaching. The car was a distance away, but Rolus could see whose car it was. Robert!

Was he going to spend the night here? The invite was for tomorrow, and he didn't say he was going to provide accommodation. He was not going back to the Pack House anytime soon. The lesser time he spent with Robert, the better.

He retreated further into the forest. He was not going to listen to Robert breathing down his neck about keeping the promise and abiding by the punishment when he was already doing that.
_________

When he had spent approximately three hours roaming about, he received a call.

When he saw that it was from Luke, he nearly declined, but had a change of heart.

"Rolus, mate of mine. Can you do me one thing?"

Rolus took a moment to reply. Luke sounded livid. "Yes?" he hesitated.

"Can you come to my Pack now?"

"Why?" He was still confused. Why was Luke angry?

"Because, Rolus. Because your Robert is here. I won't tolerate his attitude. He came here blazing, accusing me of knowing where you are. Where are you? Nevermind, come take your pest."

Rolus took a moment to reply. Robert was now stepping on dangerous territories. He sounded like he was deranged, going as far as paying his mate a visit?

"I can't come right now." He looked at the clear stream of water that he's been admiring. "I'm busy."

Luke scoffed. "You're busy? Rolus, I'm not going to repeat myself. Get here and take your Robert." He hung up.

Rolus' mouth hung low in disbelief. He chuckled, throwing a stone in the water.

He took his sweet time getting back to the Pack House. When he did, he found Charlotte and a few others rushing about.

He stopped her. "What's going on?"

Charlotte laughed humourlessly. "Isn't it that Robert? He wants us to accommodate his Warriors in our quarters."