Chapter 15

The rest of the drive is done in a contented silence. You don't know when you fell asleep, but you arouse from it with Tae's body draped over you as he unbuckles your seatbelt. You say, "Oh, I didn't realize I fell asleep. I'm sorry."

As he allows the seatbelt to retract, Tae leans in and kisses your forehead softly. He says, "You must have been tuckered out. We're here."

He offers you his hand for you to take, as you step out of his car. You look around the space and determine that it's a garage. No, more like a football field. You ask, "Where are we?"

"We're at my place. Come. I'll show you around."

"You brought me to your place?"

"Yes. You wanted to talk, and I thought you'd want some privacy. It doesn't get much more private than here. It's just me. Well, and you, of course."

When he notices your hesitant steps, he replies, "Sunshine, I am not going to do anything that you don't want me to do. You are here for a drink and something to eat as we talk about whatever you want to talk about."

Looking up at him with suspicion, you say, "I'm going to trust you. Don't let me regret this."

"Sweetheart, what are you afraid of? That I'll attack you or something?"

"Maybe..."

Shaking his head, Tae replies, "Love, I don't need to force women to get them to do what I want. I will not take anything from you that you aren't willing to give freely. You said talk, drink, and food. So, you'll get talk, drink, food and nothing more. You couldn't be safer, even if you were alone."

"Okay...."

"Now, let's go. I'll show you around."

Tae opens the door and enters into an enclosed sunroom. The room is decorated beautifully, and you feel cheated because there is an entire wall completely made up of glass, but you cannot see anything out of it because it's too dark outside. He pulls you behind him and walks you through a doorway that opens into the biggest kitchen you've ever seen in your entire life. There are two kitchen islands in the middle. One large, with a sink set up and a second smaller one that would seat five people comfortably. That's not to mention the semi-circle nook with a round table that would seat four more people easily. Built in double ovens, and the entire kitchen is surrounded in cabinets. Against one wall, there is an eight-burner gas stove and on the opposite wall, a fireplace. The sheer size of the room is overwhelming. You walk further into the kitchen and do a 360-degree turn, taking in the sight.

You say, "Wow.... Your kitchen is... I don't have the kind of vocabulary that would properly describe this. Tossing his keys on the counter, he walks up to a tall, floor to ceiling cabinet doors and asks, "Would you like something to drink?"

"Um... yea. Sure."

"What would you like?"

"I... water. Water would be great."

"Would you like regular or sparkling?"

Still looking around in awe, you reply, "Surprise me."

Tae pulls open one of the cabinet doors to reveal the inside of the largest refrigerator you've ever seen. He grabs a bottle of Pellegrino and moves over to another cabinet to grab a glass. He fills the glass halfway with ice then pours the water into it, before he hands it over to you. He says, "Here. Come. I'll show you the rest of the place."

Taking a sip of your water, you allow yourself to be pulled along. Every single room that he shows you is better than the one before. The place is spotless and is decorated like a model home from Architectural Digest magazine. The home has an open floor plan, complete with a library, a wine cellar, and an indoor pool in the basement. A fucking indoor pool. What the fuck?