Distraction

"Come on, don't think about it too much." Jeongin urged Hyunjin to get in his car, holding the door open for him.

"It's just, I don't know."

Jeongin got into the drivers seat, buckling up his seatbelt and starting the engine.

"Where are you taking me?" Hyunjin chuckled sadly. "Kidnapping?"

"Yeah sure." Jeongin rolled his eyes, placing his hand on Hyunjins headrest to look over his shoulder while pulling out of the driveway. "No we'll just drive around a bit and you get to rant and feel better after."

After a short moment of silence Hyunjin nodded. "Not annoying if I talk too much?"

"Never."

Hyunjin felt the tension leaving his body as he leant back.

"Do you think I went too far? Me and Jisung have been friends since start of uni, I mean, we live together. I thought he knew I was joking."

Jeongin brushed his hair back with one hand, the other holding on to the steering wheel.

"Well, if you would've looked up you would've seen. And, it's probably a topic he's not ready to joke about. Think about when you first realized you liked men, wasn't it a sensitive topic? Until you were confident about it?"

"Yeah, I know I know. I had cried about it so much when I was little. I was so so scared. But we're adults, I mean his whole friendgroup is gay. Lix and Seungmin are in a relationship, his bestfriend openly dated men." Hyunjin blankly stared into the road ahead.

"But it's never been him Hyunjin. And Changbin and Chan were also "straight"."

"I just don't really get the big deal. Changbin and Chan handled it well too. Why isn't he?" He desperatly searched for the answer he couldn't explain in his head.

"Hyunjin, first of all, you don't know if Changbin or Chan had a hard time, they could just not tell us. And second, Jisung is allowed to be confused, mad or frustrated about it. Not everyone can handle finding out you love your bestfriend of so many years well, he had thought they were just friends until like 2 days ago. Everything is changing now, and he does have anxiety, you can't forget that."

Hyunjin felt his eyes watering again. "I really fucked up." The realization fully sinking in.

Jeongins hand pat his thigh, lingering there for a second longer. A calming, comforting touch, Hyunjin was able to blink the tears away. "You can apologize later, when everything has calmed. I'm sure it will be fine."

"You think so?"

He nodded, reassuring Hyunjin as much as he could.

"Now, what do you want to eat?"

The McDonalds came into their view.

"Just a coke I think, and maybe a donut?"

"Oh and, can you add a slice of cheesecake?" He whispered right as Jeongin started to talk through the speaker.

He used the time Jeongin took to order their food to text Jisung. The guilt was eating him up, his fingers flew hurriedly over the screen.

Ji i'm really sorry for earlier

I didn't realize I talked too much and you weren't feeling it

Only meant it as a joke

You know me

Sorry

I feel like ass, got you cheesecake

Please reply so I don't die of anxiety

Hyunjin checked his phone so many times he lost count of it while they were waiting. Finally Jeongin thanked the woman who handed them their food.

"Hyunjin." Jeongin gently pried his fingers from the phone, taking the device and throwing it to the backseat. Then he took his own phone from his lap and held it to Hyunjin. "Play some music, passcode is 0802."

And with that they found themselves screaming on top of their lungs along to Bruno Mars on the highway.

"You said you loved me you're a liar cuz you never, ever, ever did baby."

"BUT DARLING I'D STILL CATCH A GRENADE FOR YA." Jeongins voice cracked and Hyunjin laughed so hard he missed the next line and tried to catch up somewhere inbetween. Which caused Jeongin to laugh and as the next song started playing they couldn't even figure out the title until halfway through from all the giggling.

When Jeongin steered into the parking spot about 2 hours later Hyunjin already took off his seatbelt and leant back to grab his phone. He was still baffled at how Jeongin made him forget it for a bit.

*New messages from Ji

Please don't die lmfao

No worries, damage is done hahaha

No no jk it's all good I talked about it with Bin and Chan

I know you meant no harm, it's just hard to accept the sudden change yk

Also, will never say no to cheesecake

See ya later, and i'm not mad anymore!! Really!!

To underline his statement, he sent a gif from a cat holding it's thumbs up. The younger knew he wouldn't have believed it otherwise.

The weight lifted from his heart.

"You okay with going home? You could still come to mine, offer stands."

"I'm good but thank you really Jeongin. I know we only recently met but i'm so so grateful you listened to me. It feels like i've known you forever."

Jeongins eyes turned into crescents as he smiled. "That's what i'm here for, i'm glad it helped. You can call me anytime yeah?"

Hyunjin nodded, eyes sparkling.

"You too Innie."

The first words that tumbled out of his mouth when he saw Jisung weren't what he had planned.

He had wanted to apologize again.

But all he brought out was.

"Please kill me I think i'm starting to crush on a straight guy."