Red Camellias

Seungmin raised his eyebrow as he saw Minho almost running out of his room.

Felix chuckled.

Changbin and Chan didn't even look up, devouring the pancakes Felix had made. Obvious from the perfect golden colour and them being drenched in maple syrup.

Hadn't always been that way though, Minho well remembered the first time Felix and Seungmin had done pancakes together, too much butter and black pancakes involved. But Felix had set his mind to making them perfect, and he now mastered it.

Minho sunk down on another chair of their small dining table, also grabbing himself some of the food, grumbling a "good morning."

And a second later Jisung also joined, dropping into the chair next to Minho and stealing some of Minhos pancake he had just cut up for himself.

"He would've killed me." Seungmin whispered for everyone to understand to Felix.

"And your family." Chan added.

"Jisung is privileged."

"You guys know that I can hear you right?"

"Lix gets a special treatment too though." Changbin spoke.

"Lix is like another cat for Minho I think, he always pats his head."

"Minho himself is a big cat too, guess that's why." Jisung mumbled through chewing.

"You're making it sound weird."

"It's true though, try-"

"Can you shut the fuck up please, you're giving me a headache." Minho pushed his chair back, leaving his pancakes abandoned to make himself a coffee, already knowing they'll be gone in seconds.

Just like he thought he heard a plate scratch over the table, and when he turned to look Jisung was leaning over it.

After the coffee machine went quiet, signaling that his coffee was done, he placed another cup under it, pressing the button again.

He brought the coffee to his lips, inhaling deeply. No matter how grumpy he acted, this was his definition of comfort.

Good food, freshly brewed coffee, and almost all of his friends piled up together in his apartment. Three cats walking all over his feet, meowing, sensing that its time for breakfast. Now he noticed it was also raining outside, which was always calming for his soul.

He sighed, taking a sip. Slowly he felt the liquid creeping down into his belly, making him feel warm from the inside.

"Are these fresh flowers Minho?" Chan asked, and a smile crept over Minhos lips. Chan was always so attentive.

Minho took the second cup of coffee that was now finally done, placing it in front of Jisung. "Thank you Minnie."
Then he turned to the kitchen cabinets, taking out the catfood to start preparing.

"Yes, I just replaced them." He eventually answered.

"What are they?" They all knew how much Minho loved working in the flower shop. And they knew he knew everything about them.

"Red camellias" Minho answered, getting up from the ground, the three cats now happily eating from their bowls. "They're beautiful, aren't they?"

"Indeed." Chan nodded. The others just listening to their conversation while eating. "Do they have a certain meaning?"

"Mhm." He hummed.

"Red camellias are a symbol of love, passion and desire. In the Victorian age, this blossom was given to express that the recipient is the flame in your heart. For this reason, it is typically given to someone you truly love and desire." Seungmin quoted, reading an article from his phone.

Minho whipped his head around too fast, blush furiously spreading from his cheeks down to his neck. Seungmin had this stupid grin on his lips that Minho just wanted to punch off right now, internally cursing him out.

Felix patted Seungmins thigh as Seungmin took a deep breath to continue. Seungmin immediately shut up.

"Those flowers really are so pretty, and the meaning woahh." Felix gushed, turning the attention away from Minho. Seungmin sent him an apologetic smile. He still wanted to punch him.

"Who are you desiring so much Min?" Changbin laughed, then winced. "What was that for Lix??" He rubbed his shin that Felix just kicked into.

"Can't he just appreciate the flowers, jeez." Felix rolled his eyes.

"That is why Felix is my favourite." Minho leant back and crossed his arms in front of his chest. He just hoped the blush was not too noticable.

"Not me?" Jisung looked offended as he gasped.

"Nope." Minho popped the P extra hard.

Jisung got up and went to corner Minho against the kitchen counters. "Are you sure?"

"Get away from me, yes Lix is my favourite, i'll stand by that." Minho tried to shove him away, pushing against his chest. Jisung didn't even move an inch, still grinning at Minho who was now desperatly trying to get him off.

"Fuck offff Jisungggggg." He whined.

While the others were giggling at their behaviour, Minho realized he probably had a strength kink and started laughing. Of course he would have that, of course he had to suffer through the thoughts of getting pinned up against a-

"Jisung leave poor Minho alone, he doesn't deserve that. C'mon you ate his food and he still made you coffee. I would've slapped you into another universe." Changbin spoke through his own giggles.

"I can confirm that from personal experience." Chan hummed in agreement.

"Changbin, we don't slap people, and Jisung, we also don't attack others. Sit back down." Felix pointed to them with a warning finger.

Seungmin leant back in his chair and sighed. "You know Lix, I love you and all, but we aren't toddlers."

They saw how Felix cheeks reddened a little. "Stopppp, i'm sorryyy. I already have to control myself to not sing good morning songs." He cried out and the whole table broke into laughter.