Torn away

Minho had successfully avoided Jisung for over a week.

It was hard, but he had been able to do it. Mainly due to him just shutting his phone off and playing with his cats.

"Mom?" The woman on the other side of the door smiled at him, hugging him tightly and Minho just broke down right there and then.

His mother pulled him in, never once letting loose, closed the door with her foot and just rocked them from side to side gently. Just holding the shaking boy in her arms, trying to keep the breaking pieces together with all her strength.

"What happend Minho? Do you want to talk?"

Minho shook his head slightly, the tears stopping but sobs still wrecking through him.

He laid on the couch, head in his mothers lap. Eyes closed, he just enjoyed the warmth of her fingers brushing over the skin between his eyebrows. She had always done that to him when he was younger, he remembered the times he fell asleep like this during stressful times of his childhood.

"Mom, i'm so so tired."

"Of what?"

"I hate loving Jisung, why do I have to love him?"

"Oh son, did you finally confess? Did something bad happen?"

"What? You knew?" Minho opened his eyes, staring up to his mother in disbelief.

She just chuckled. "I'm your mother, of course I know. You've been in love with him for so long, i'm surprised you could hold it in. There had always been a certain twinkle in your eyes when you talked about your friend with the puffy cheeks, something you didn't have when talking about literally anyone else. Do you want to tell me more?"

Sighing, he turned his position to face away, looking at the crime documentary that was playing on the tv, kind off like background noise.

"A lot of stuff happened in the past few weeks. Ji gets so clingy and then so cold in some way. Like, we danced together at the club and I almost died and he got jealous over Innie, my new co worker, for some stupid reason and just acted super weird and I can't handle it anymore." He squeezed his eyes shut. "Like, everytime I look at him I just have this urge to kiss him, but I don't want to ruin our friendship over a silly crush."

"What you have is not a silly crush, and what tells you he doesn't feel the same?"

"He's straight as fuck mom." He was so frustrated he didn't even bother with his language.

"But he's so fond of you, tell me, even though he is younger he has always tried to protect you. He always goes along with your ideas even if he is not much of an adventurer. If you call, he runs. Brings you lunch, drives you to practice and takes care of Soon Dong Dori when you're away, even if I say i'll do it. He cares so much about you, so how do you know it's not love?" She emphasized every always, and the question filled with so much hope quickened Minhos heartbeat.

"Mom..."

"Maybe he just hasn't figured it out yet, but my intuition says i'm right, and i'm always right. Give him time, test the waters a bit. You'll notice if he's uncomfortable, you read him like the back of your hand."

He was so confused, staring at the read messages he had sent 8 hours ago.

Usually Minho would tell him if he was busy and would reply later.

But at the same time, Minho was an adult, just like him. They were allowed to not text each other.

Jisung didn't know when the last time was where they had ended a conversation. Usually they'd just text each other randomly the whole day and then continue the next day because one of them had fallen asleep before answering.

Now his heart felt empty and his throat tight. A sinking feeling in his stomach.

His bestfriend was clearly struggling with something, but why didn't he open up to him? Like usually?

"Oh Jisung, I don't really know, i've been thinking a lot lately."

Jisung had leaned on to his shoulder, humming to encourage him to speak.

"Do you think love is just between a man and a woman?"

He smiled lightly. "No, love is between a human and another human. Why are you worried about that? You know you can love whoever you want to."

"I've just been, I don't know-"

"It's okay Minnie."

The memory fond to him, Minho had visually relaxed in his arms back then.

"I don't really think he's good for you Min you know."

"Why do you think that?"

"You seem so tense everytime you talk to him, or about him."

Minho had scoffed.

But only a week later he was staring a hole into the wall next to Jisung. "I am going to break up with him today, can you come as a backup?"

Of course Jisung nodded. "Do you wanna tell me what happened?"

"I refused to have sex with him yesterday because I felt too tired. He didn't accept my no, just straight up touched me and forced me into it. I think that's when I lost it. All this time I kept making excuses but in that moment all the love was just gone."

Jisung had felt the hot anger rushing through him. "Can I?"

"No you can't beat him up Ji."

Well, Jisung had managed to not choke the guy out, it was a close call though.

And Minho pressed close to him, god why did he drink so much? It suddenly felt a little too good, Minho dropping down and pressing his ass against him, he couldn't help the gasp.

Why did he have the sudden urge to lick the skin on his neck? What the hell?

When Minho turned to look at him, cheeks flushed and lips parted, his mind screamed.

Jisung shook his head, throwing his blanket away to get out of bed. In the bathroom he splashed cold water on his face, then looked into the mirror.

The droplets ran down his face, the damage of the week so prominently written in his face Jisung wondered how no one had said anything.

Dark eyebags and slightly sunken in face, hair laying flat on his head. He brushed over it with his hands, trying to make it look presentable. Skin on his fingers picked at, red and bloody.

He had to talk to Minho, he needed them to be okay.

He needed Minho to be okay more than anything.

He needed Minho.