After saying this, they did not delay in any movements, and bowed to the empty tablet in a smooth and flowing manner. They stood up, and Su Ziyi and others standing under the altar also followed their rhythm and bowed to worship. It was not until three times that the two old people on the stage inserted the incense in their hands into the incense burner, and then turned sideways without looking back. , in the direction they came from, the two of them passed each other and walked towards the altar.

As soon as they left the altar, the two old men who had been waiting at the entrance came up and repeated the worship work with the same actions of the two old men before.

One after another, during the worship process of these old people, everyone else in the venue was extremely quiet, and everyone standing in front of the table honestly repeated the bowing action over and over again. Su Ziyi paid attention in his mind and found that he bowed thirty times in total, which meant that there were twenty old people who worshiped ten times.

When the last pair of old men put the incense in their hands into the incense burner, Su Ziyi and others could finally put the incense in their hands into the incense burner on the table. At this time, a quarter of the originally complete incense stick had already been burned, only half of the incense candle in the incense burner was left, and a lump of wax melted at the bottom of the candle placed on the table.

At this point, the entire festival is not over yet.

After the twenty old people left the altar, they did not return to the crowd. Instead, they took masks from unknown sources and stood under the altar again with wooden masks of different styles. Only this time they did not stand with the wood pile as the center, but with the altar as the center, facing the crowd, and stood in a circle.

At this time, the villagers around Su Ziyi moved. Su Ziyi was a little suspicious, but he didn't show it. He just looked in the direction of Bian Qing, and then when he saw the other person nodding towards him, he relaxed his tense shoulders and quickly Bu walked towards Bian Qing and the others, and joined the crowd standing on the sidelines with other villagers.

"Well done." As soon as Su Ziyi came over, Bian Qing came to his ear and whispered in a very low voice. Su Yulang also raised his head and looked at his father with an moved expression. The ironing papers from the two of them Su Ziyi smiled unconsciously.

When all the villagers had dispersed, the village chief no longer stood on the altar. Like those old people, he wore a wooden mask on his face and walked to the firewood pile with a torch in his hand. Then he straightened his back and sang a mysterious song composed of mysterious words in front of everyone: "se-yo-yo-yo-yi-na..."

Different from the high-pitched voice when presiding over the ceremony on the altar before, the village chief's voice now returned to his original voice, which was neither high nor low, slightly. It was hoarse, and the syllables sounded a bit vague due to the continuous pronounciation of the words, but the unique rhythm infected everyone. All the people present were silent, holding the things in their hands, looking at the village chief intently, and listening to the story he sang in his voice.

When the last syllable was sung, the village chief suddenly threw the torch in his hand under the firewood pile. In an instant, the firewood pile ignited with blazing flames. Only then did Su Ziyi realize that the firewood pile had probably been sprinkled with firewood by the villagers before. with combustion-supporting oil or other things. But in the blink of an eye, the flames reached as high as a person, and the bright red light illuminated the entire altar.

At this time, the village chief leaned over and picked up another torch at his feet, lit it with the fire in the firewood pile, then walked sideways around the circle surrounded by the old people, and started singing again He had already sung the song once before, but this time, he was not singing alone. The twenty old people surrounding the altar also sang together. Their voices had their own characteristics, but they all suppressed their voices. , and the harmony becomes a harmony.