Part - II

2nd Nov, 2023
19:52

Author's note and additional warnings
As you probably guessed, this story will have a good bit of angst, sex, and general bad relationship behavior, with hopefully some sweetness at the end. This chapter will actually be the worst in terms of bad relationship behavior-alcohol abuse, hate sex, and severe emotional fuckery. This is 'the break up' scene, so it is bad. But since I am starting the story here, hopefully that gives clues to how I am going to end it.

______♡♡♡______

"Sasuke?"

Naruto hated how weak his voice sounded. Hated how weak he was to still feel the love and longing crash through him just knowing they were together in this room again. It was the first time he had been alone with Sasuke since everything went to hell. And he still had no idea why, what had changed. He didn't realize he had asked the question out loud.

"Who says anything changed? Maybe we both just need to wake up to the reality of what it has always been. I mean really," Naruto didn't need to be able to see in the darkness to detect Sasuke's sneer.

"- did you ever think I could love someone like you? That you would really be enough for me to last? What could you possibly bring into this relationship, other than a decent piece of ass. But now even that has gotten tiring. So it's time you got your own life now and got the fuck out of mine." Sasuke's voice was absolutely flat.

Naruto felt a chill across his skin. Even when they were rivals back in grade school and high school, it had never been like this. There had at least been the seeds of friendship even through their worst fights, and later something more, beneath the rivalry. There had always been some underlying warmth. But this feeling now was ice cold. There was nothing left. Naruto took a step into the room, stumbling a bit as he did so.

"You're drunk?" Sasuke sounded slightly surprised. He'd never seen Naruto drunk, except when they had turned 20 and were finally legal. But even then, he had only gotten buzzed. Tonight, Naruto was absolutely plastered, swaying just to stand up.

"What the hell do you care," Naruto slurred. "You weren't supposed to be here. You gave me until noon. It's not fucking noon yet."

"I thought I'd just make sure you didn't take anything that didn't belong to you. And of course, I was curious to see if you'd have any of your little friends help you with the packing. Someone to help you give this bed one last go before you leave."

"You fucking asshole. Don't try to make me out as the one who lost interest... the one who walked away. You're the one who fucking fired me from being your husband. You didn't even have the balls to tell me why. Just dropped the papers on my desk and walked out,"

Naruto was shaking with anger and hurt. The room was spinning, but all he could see was Sasuke getting up and walking over to him. Their eyes were level with each other, the anger and pain radiating from blue, and sheer ice from black.

"What else do you expect? Any sub-par performer in my company knows they won't last long. Why should it be any different in my personal life?"

Sasuke's voice was emotionless poison. If Naruto had been sober, maybe he would have had the strength to not rise to the bait. Maybe. But his barriers were all down, so he just lashed back out.

"Sub-par, Sub-par? Ten days ago I fucked you until you passed out. You were begging me... begging me to take you. You could hardly get on the plane to go to that business meeting in Okinawa you were so sore. Then you come back - and dump me? After you left I got food poisoning and was in the hospital for two days. And somehow, between fucking you senseless and getting sick, I became sub-par?"