19: Die-cinueve 🏴‍☠️

TW//

A loud thud could be heard throughout the room as Jeonghan let his palm fall forcefully on the large table. His men were taken aback by his sudden entrance. But they also know why he is acting like this.

"Ah, Prime?" Hoshi questioned, despite his frantic heart. When Jeonghan looked up, the four of them just lowered their heads. When he raised the revolver he was holding, the hair on their skin practically rose up.

Jeonghan's blood was boiling a while previously, but he just stopped himself.

"What's your plan now? Should we kill his son?" said Seungcheol, but Jeonghan sat calmly, both elbows on the table

"What do you think?" he replied, as Seungcheol tilted his head in confusion. He had never asked for other people's opinions before, but this time he does.

"The prosecutors have also become our friends, but we're heartless when it comes to our work. There's no consideration or emotional attachment. Most especially, this is what you've been waiting for: to get justice and get revenge on the family of the Hongs who took the lives of your family," he went on to add.

"Then his father is to blame for everything. The son has nothing to do with it; will he still be affected?" Vernon asked.

"He's still that bastard's son; he's the one who killed Prime's family," Wonwoo stated, and the room fell silent for a second.

-Jeonghan's flashback-

The sound from the car stereo reached my ears as I caught sight of both my parents smiling ear to ear to each other. We were on our way to somewhere our parents wouldn't tell us.

They said we should simply wait because there would be a surprise. The eleven-year-old me sat beside my older brother, Jake, in the back seat of the car, both of us excited for whatever they had in store for us.

"Where do you think we'll go, Jeonghan?" his brother asked, his eyes gleaming with excitement.

"I don't know. It's hard to think, Bro. It's not like we do this very often," I replied, and his smile faded.

It's true. We don't do this often. We don't go out like other families do. When we go out, we must be accompanied by security, and everyone of us has a bodyguard.

In short, we are never safe.

We are aware of the kind of business our family does. Both black and white. One that can be told and boasted about to others, and one that must be kept hidden and cannot be revealed to those who do not trust.

I looked out the window to take in the scenery.

Something we don't always see because we can't just go out.