Act XVII: From Bad To Worse

Author's Note: Took awhile but the new chapter is finally out! And I'm pretty sure it's my longest chapter to date! So I don't wanna hear demands for a new chapter till at least halfway through February!

Without further ado, sip and enjoy the latest piece of degeneracy I have brewed in the dirty cauldron that is my mind!

Y/N P.O.V

"I wasn't expecting to find you here," Quaiesse said. "I always had my suspicions about the Extra Seat's claim that she killed you I'm glad they turned out to be true. You look well, I'm glad."

He stepped toward me, which made my fret instinctively dig into the ground and my body to rake a defensive stance. I gnarled my teeth at him, hissing like venomous serpent.

"How long have you been surveying the area?" I demanded.

"A few months," he answered honestly and without a moment's hesitation.

"Then you must know who this land belongs to by now," I spat. "Do you have any idea what kind of powerhouses are lurking around?"

"Are you referring to Ainz Ooal Gown? No need to conceal your master's identity," Quaiesse said. "He made quite the introduction. We know well of Ainz Ooal Gown and his casting capabilities."

"You have no idea what he's capable of," I laughed. "If you truly did: you wouldn't have dared step foot on these grounds yourself."

Quaiesse's smile widened. There was no malice behind his grin but I couldn't help but feel intimidated and fearful. He strolled over to a tree, planting his back against it and slowly sliding downward till his bottom hit the ground.

He patted the ground next to him.

"Then educate me," he demanded. "I'd like to catch up, as well. I would really like to know how you've been since we last saw each other. As well as how you came to encounter Ainz Ooal Gown."

I just stared blankly at Quaiesse, horrified by his words and expression. I clenched my fists and stomped toward him. My shadow engulfed him in darkness as I towered over him. He wasn't fazed in the slightest. The gleam in his ruby eyes told me he was intrigued more than anything.

"How can you act like that? After everything you did to me? How can you just sit there and act like it never happened?" I asked.

"Y/N... it wasn't personal—"

"You stood there when she threw me away! I begged you to help me and you turned your back on me," I hissed. "How the fuck do I not take that personally, Quai...?"

Finally, his smile melted away and was replaced by a sorrowful frown. His eyes were tinted with regret but no tears were shed nor was any kind of qpology given.

"I had no choice," he stated. "I wasn't going to let my family be punished for—"

"I was your family," I barked. "You and Clementine were like older siblings to me! I looked up to both of you! We always spoke of how we all would grow old and laugh at our struggles with empty bottles of wine at our feet. Did all of that mean nothing?"

The memories I had of the 3 of us were some of my most treasured ones and to see how little my words fazed him was utterly heartbreaking. He continued to just sit there with the same stoic expression on his face.

"Of course it did," he snapped. "I was devastated  when I had to push you away. But I did so for the sake of the Theocracy. You know better than any that nothing is more important to me than my country."

"I was your brother, Quaiesse," I hissed back.

Quaiesse sighed, rubbing his aching temples with frustration as he stared at me. His condescending gaze resembled that of a parent staring down at their fussy child. His arrogance made my blood boil, the fur on my tail stood up tall and straight like honed needles.