Act VI: A Lovely Dinner

Y/N P.O.V 

I sat in my bedroom. Eyeing the door in wait of my executioner. Surely, by now word had reached Yuri of what had occurred in Carne. I had no idea there was some rule that nobody could lay hands on me. If I had known... I would've questioned it, surely, but probably would've obeyed in the end.

In my time with her I had come to learn that rationality was one of her greatest traits. So the idea of her punishing me for breaking a rule she hadn't even informed me of seemed doubtful. But, her sisters were some of the most irrational ladies I've ever encountered so perhaps the apple really hadn't fallen far from the tree?

I squeaked as the door creaked open. But to my surprise, and rather delight, it was not Yuri who emerged through the doorway but Lady Entoma.

"M-My Lady!" I exclaimed, leaping from bed and kneeling. "A pleasure to see you as always! Is there something I can help you with?" 

"Oh... you're in here," she murmured. "Why aren't you with Big Sis Yuri?"

"Sh-She hasn't come to visit yet," I answered. "I didn't want to go searching for in case she was busy with work."

Only slightly true. I wasn't going to actively seek out punishment, if it really was doomed to be dished out upon me. 

"Hm. You can get off the floor now, ya know?" she said.

"Thank you, My Lady!" I said, grateful. "Um... sorry, but was there anything I can help you with? I was about to head to Sir Sous-Chef's establishment for dinner."

"No. No, I don't need anything," she shrugged. "See ya!"

She turned away as fast as she entered, not caring to leave me in my puzzled state. Before she could escape my gaze, I called out to her. 

"Wait, My Lady!"

"Hm? What do you want?" she asked.

"Well, I would like to invite you to dinner," I replied. "Lady Yuri and I agreed to meet at Sir Sous Chef's and I'm sure she would be delighted by your company!"

She stared, still and quiet. Her eyes upon the floor as she thought of her response. She didn't seem angry so I relaxed a bit, though these women were known to have moods that flickered like a dying flame. All could change in a split moment.

"I dunno... sounds boring," she said bluntly. "And I think Bis Sis Yuri wanted you to herself tonight."

"Wha-What? Come now, that's nonsense!" I stammered with a nervous smile and red cheeks. "Please join! I'd love to have your company! Maybe by knowing a little more about you; I can better serve you, My Lady!" 

She eyed me, as to what her intent or how she felt a complete mystery to me. She sighed, shrugging her tiny shoulders. Her eyes seemed focused on something behind me. My tail was wagging happily and it had caught her attention. 

"Fiiiine," she groaned. "I guess I don't have anything better to do."

"Wonderful!" I cheered.  

Again, she eyed my wagging tail with unblinking eyes. Great intent kindled in her eyes but was not acted upon. Together, we departed from my room and headed for Sous-Chef's bar. 

Timeskip

Unbeknownst to me, Entoma had stopped eating her dinner to instead observe me tear apart mine. Before her was a main dish of meat slathered in what I told myself was extra thick BBQ sauce and beside that was a drink and pastry side. Myself, however, had eaten 12 main dish courses with another twenty-four still waiting.