Act I: True Strength

QUICK NOTE BEFORE READING:

Alright, remember guys, this is FAN-FICTION so let's not just comment to say nonsense like "that's not how that character would act" or "The world's rules prevent (INSERT WHATEVER) from being possible." I'm sure there'll be some inaccuracies to the lore. I'm writing this for fun and cause I love Overlord so read with a grain of salt. 

And, yes, this MC isn't from Nazarick. He's a New Worlder... 

---------------

I yawned.

The sun was shining into my eyes and as much as I tossed and turned and squeezed my eyes shut, it's awful shine couldn't be escaped.

As tired as I was; as grumpy as I was it was time to get up.

With a groan, I dusted the dirt and bugs from my body using my tail. While a cursed feature; it had its uses. I leaned up from my makeshift bed; a poor construct of leaves and dead brush. My eyes fluttered, to which I stuck a finger in each and forced out the fresh wax.

In the distance, I could hear laughter and jolliness. The grumpy attitude afflicting me vanished as soon as the delightful smell of baked treats and roasting meat filled my nostrils.

The Harvest Festival. At long last Autumn had come and to celebrate its coming a lovely festival with treats from all sorts of parts. While the village I camped out of was just that: a village, it still had a decent flow of traffic on a daily basis considering it's location wasn't far from the Kingdom's capitol, Re-Estize. Adventurers, workers, mages, figures of all kinds of backgrounds would pass through Syruptown. But no other day would there be as many humans as there would be today. Which both increased the risk and rewards factor of today's task.

The people were troublesome. Quite rude, if I'm being honest. But... their food is beyond description. Such delicious and mouth-watering dishes and delights would be brought from all corners of the known world. The Empire, Theocracy, Re-Estize itself, and even the Dragonic Kingdom had citizens who made the journey to Syruptown for the festival.

The festival, while heavily populated with sellswords and adventurers, the fruits of success were well worth all the risk. The cooked food could last me days with perseveration magic, but the breads, fruits, and raw meats would last me even longer! The small-time raids on Syruptown wouldn't be necessary for months if I could succeed.

First, the storehouse would be raided and, hopefully, with the guards and people in an uproar, I would be able to swipe some goodies from the dozens of booths decorating the streets.

Stealing is wrong, of course it is. But morality could easily be numbed with a simple whiff of the pies just sitting on the sill, cooling and lying in wait for me to snatch them...

Prepare, humans of Syruptown! For today, the Great Fox of the North Y/N L/N will descend upon you with malicious intent and ravenous hunger! All your pies will bow before me!

I hopes out of my 'bed.' And with a smile stretched across my face, I hurried to Syruptown to commence my operation. The lovely music put a skip in my step and filled me with hopeful visions of a plentiful feast and a filled belly.

But, on that fateful day, the entirety of my life would change. Not only would I return with an empty stomach, having not even licked a droplet of frosting, but I would bring about the end of my quiet, lonely life in the Northern Forest.

And it all started with my first ever encounter with a human being. At least, I thought he was human.

Timeskip