Act XII: Return To Nazarick!

Yuri P.O.V

"You need to relax," Narberal stated. "While it's understandable why Lord Ainz would question him, I'm sure he's only doing so as a precaution. I doubt even he truly believes that silkworm is intelligent or powerful enough to overtake Lady Shalltear."

"I'm aware of that! But Lady Albedo is with them and I worry she may encourage Lord Ainz to employ more harsh tactics to keep Y/N leashed and loyal," I explained. "He... He'a a good boy, he would never do anything to hurt Nazarick. Or myself."

I was currently within the Pleiades recreational room. It was the place where we met for tea parties, meetings, and such. Currently, it was myself, Narberal, Entoma, Lupusregina, and Shizu together in the room. Solution was still in E-Rantel with Lord Ainz and the others to overseer Y/N's interrogation.

I couldn't stop pacing. Ever since I had heard news of Lady Shalltear's betrayal and the accusation of Y/N's involvement in it I had remained on my feet. It was impossible to sit still, not while there was the possibility my sweet fox could be Neuronist's next play-thing. The possibility was low, I'll admit, but it was still there and that alone caused great unease.

I should've tried harder to keep Y/N in Nazarick. I knew the moment he escaped my sights that he would be exposed to danger and that exact scenario has happened and on the first occasion, no less.

All I wanted was him returned to me. I swore to myself there and then that I would never leave him unguarded again. If he wanted to journey outside Nazarick then I had to be there by his side, there would be no ifs, ands or buts. But, hopefully, I could find a means to keep him in Nazarick permanently. Though, given his adventurous and curious nature I doubt he'd ever agree to stay put for too long.

"It's been almost two hours since Lord Ainz departed," I stated. "What if something's occurred?"

"If something's gone wrong then that means Y/N's guilty and will be dealt with," Narberal stated.

"Yep! Even if he is guilty, I doubt he's stupid enough to mess with Lord Ainz directly," Lupusregina added. "That is, if he wants to eventually die after Neuronist gets ahold of him."

"Don't say such things!" I snapped. "He's innocent! He loves me! I.. I know he does! He would never betray me for anything or anyone!"

My sisters fell silent, seemingly no longer eager to debate over Y/N's innocence given how enraged the topic was making me.

"He's probably innocent," Entoma stated. "I can't say for certainty where his loyalties lie but I know for a fact all he cares for is Big Sis Yuri and getting pet. He doesn't seem all that interested in toppling Nazarick."

"... Yes, I agree. He hasn't a care in the world for anything other than his own satisfaction and pleasure," Narberal added. "Such a lowly earthworm is incapable of plotting such a nefarious scheme against Lady Shalltear or Lord Ainz."

"He seems like a good boy," Shizu stated robotically.

"I haven't spoken with him much but my fingers are crossed that he's innocent," Lupusregina smiled. "Enri's been all over me; begging to have me bring Y/N back to Carne for a visit. She's totally crushing on him! She get's all blushy and cute whenever you bring him up to her!"

It was comforting to see my sisters rally to my side. They all had their differing opinions of Y/N, which were mostly negative, but they still cared enough for me and my happiness to also hope for his return.

"Enri? Is that the Chief of Carne?" I asked Lupusregina. "Y/N also seems fond of her. I suppose I'll have to be on the lookout for her."

Both myself and Lupusregina laughed.