Act VII: Reunion

Solution P.O.V

I sipped my wine, heaving a relieved sigh as I was finally able to get away from it all. While I'm always overjoyed to accept and take on an assignment given to me by the Lord of the Supreme Beings, I was especially thrilled by this assignment since it would take me away from Nazarick and the pest that's currently infesting it.

Just thinking about him sours the taste.

Lord Ainz had instructed myself and Lord Sebas to pose as a human nobleman's daughter and her butler within the human kingdom Re-Estize's capital, E-Rantel. Our task was to gather any and all information regarding the capital and its inhabitants, as well as form connections with some of these so-called 'powerful' humans.

I traded one pest for a whole kingdom of others, but at least I didn't have to see these pieces of trash cling to my sister like a sad puppy. It seriously baffled me how she allowed that insolent piece of excrement to lay its paws upon her. How can she not feel the need to bathe instantly? It was absolutely puzzling.

Agh... best forget about the pest and try to enjoy myself.

I was given a moment of leisure before their was a loud knock at the door.

I growled. It was certainly more foolish human merchants trying to buy my favor with their lesser jewels and pathetic offers of power and eternal love. Whiny insects is what they all were. Being a beautiful lady had its downsides sometimes...

I approached the door, growing ever more irritated that the human hadn't ceased its insufferable knocking. I threw open the door, teeth bared and scowl exposed.

"Hello, Lady Solution! It's a pleasure to see you again!" exclaimed Yuri's pet.

"What are you doing here?" I snarled.

The pest was cloaked as to hide his beastly features. His fox ears were hidden beneath a pinted hat, no doubt he had acquired it from one of the many self-proclaimed wizard merchants littering the streets. As to how he was hiding his tail, I couldn't tell. But he looked just as lowly and disgusting as any other human, so I suppose the disguise worked well.

"Fo-For you, My Lady," he cried. "I was sent by Lord Ainz via Lord Sebas' request! I'm just here to attend your needs! Lord Sebas was concerned you were having trouble adjusting to a more human lifestyle!"

"So what? You were sent to teach me how to enjoy rolling around in the mud? Like swine?" I hissed.

"No! Of course not," he exclaimed. "I'm just here for whatever you may need, My Lady! I'll also be taking care of the manor's maintenance as to relieve you and Lord Sebas of those duties!"

I grinded my teeth, reluctantly stepping aside to allow the pest to infest my home and stain it with its filth. He smiled, much to my disgust, and entered the manor with a small satchel of things.

"Wow! You've kept the place very clean despite how busy you've both been!" he praised.

"We're not as disgusting as you or the humans," I stated. "So naturally, we prefer a clean environment with a lack of excrement and vomit on the walls."

He smiled nervously, chuckling at my statement as if he genuinely thought I was joking.

"Are you hungry, Lady Solution?" he asked. "Lady Yuri has told me many of your personal favorites and she's taught me well! I'm confident I can prepare something to your liking!"

He stared, silent and waiting for my response. His tail wagged and his eyes lit up with anticipation. He seemed eager to use the skills he thought he had so honed. His pleasant demeanor did little to shift my own sour one. He realized this rather quick, but I still felt it necessary to state what should've been obvious.