Act V: The Fox And the Farmer

Y/N P.O.V

"Refill."

"Of course, Lady Lupusregina!"

"Light a candle. Vanilla."

"Right away, Lady CZ!"

"Die." 

"I... I greatly appreciate the suggestion, Lady Narberal! It will be considered!"

"It wasn't a--!"

Yuri smacked Narberal in the back of the head and she shut her mouth. Unfortunately, it was me she scowled at with her cold, murderous eyes. I hastily averted my gaze and continued on with my tasks. I cleared the dirty dishes from the table and loaded them onto a tray whilst the ladies enjoyed their desserts. Though, it seemed my presence soured Lady Narberal's parfait so she ate little. The same could be said for Lady Solution. Both ladies glared at me heinously whenever I came close. I always feared a strike but none ever came. But the intent was always there. 

It had been only a week since my employment to the Pleiades and so far... so good? I mean, I haven't been killed nor has anyone even slapped me. While it was apparent that the majority of my mistresses despised me and wished me dead or worse (actually, I'm certain the latter.) Their pleas for me to 'die' or 'visit Neuronist' were heard on the daily. 

Fortunately, I had Yuri. She was so kind to me and spent every free moment she could with me for the past week. She doted on me and pet me whenever I asked her to (or whenever she felt like it). She would bring me snacks and refreshment while I worked. A few days ago, she introduced me to this lovely little bar right here on the 9th Floor. The Sous-Chef was kind too, offering his aid in my culinary lessons and adding bartending to my skillset. Suffice to say, Yuri was easily my favorite among the six.

"More blood, Foxy!" 

"Of course, Lady Entoma!" I hurried to her side, masking my disgust as I filled her chalice with the thick crimson sludge. 

It's cow blood! It's cow blood! It's cow blood!

It wasn't cow blood. But ignorance is bliss sometimes. 

"Good boy." she said.

Before I could step away, her hand fell upon my head. Her touch was completely different from Yuri's. Her clawed hand covered in some sort of warm, moist exoskeleton. But, even more unexpectedly, she tenderly caressed my head just as kindly as Yuri ever had. 

Speaking of Yuri, the gentle sensation of Lady Entoma's touch had distracted me from her piercing gaze. Though, I was not the one it was being directed towards. 

"Tha-Thank you, My Lady." I stammered.

I averted my eyes but quickly brought them back to her, thinking she would be offended if I broke eye contact. My rosy cheeks were bared to all, unfortunately. Lady Solution and Lady Narberal were disgusted at the display. Lady CZ didn't care, and Yuri was fuming. 

As for Lady Lupusregina...

"Ooh! Ooh! Make him sit now!" she exclaimed with childish laughter. "No! No! No! Have him roll over!" 

"Be quiet, Lupusregina!" Yuri hissed.

Lady Entoma removed her hand and I bowed my head in thanks. She gave no response, instead thrusting a straw beneath her mask. By now, I had seen her shove some many things beneath her so-called face I would have to be crazy or blind to think it real. As for what she truly looked like: I had no idea and didn't pry out of fear of consequence. 

"Come along, Y/N, I think it's almost time for Hamsuke to have her lunch." Yuri stated.

"Yes, Lady Yuri!" I replied.