Chapter 30: WAR ON THE MOON Part 3 - THE FINAL SHOWDOWN? (Finale)

Start from the beginning

Asura: You're even scarier up close!

For a moment, it felt like  Blackstar's face exploded. But, Soul's piano breaks the illusion and Asura jumps away from Cole and Ann striking him.

Maka: Hang in there Mr. God of Combat.

Blackstar: (snaps back to reality) Ah! It was an illusion? (Smirks) I see... So without Maka and Soul, I might not be able to handle this guy. But there's still strength left for me to gain!

Ann: Soul, can you hear any rhythm connected to Crona?

Soul: I can't, even with Maka's sensing ability. I'm not sure how long we'll be able to counteract the Kishin's madness.

The demon in his head appears again.

Demon: You can't drown out madness with that tiny keyboard. He's got black blood, you've got black blood. I've got a big one just in here, all tuned up and ready to blast.

Asura then decided to open the face wrapping to reveal his face.

Asura: It seems I'll be found no matter where I hide... So I will use madness to erase everything.

Kid: (completes two sanzu lines) I will awaken as a True Reaper and restore order!

Asura: Now, then, my brother, let us determine who is the True Grim Reaper.

The wavelengths begin to increase, and everyone, especially Kid, were wondering

Kid: (shocked) What... did you just say...?

Ann: Kid...

Cole: You two...

Kid: I'm your brother?

Asura: We are both fragments, born of the same Death.

Patty: They do look alike, huh?

Liz: Now that you mentioned it...

Kid: Th-that's ridiculous... (fires guns in rage) DON'T GIVE ME THAT NONSENSE!!

The shots were blocked and Kid flies up to him.

Kid: YOU MAKE ME SICK!!

He goes to punch him, but was blocked by a wrapping.

Kid: You could never be my father's son!

Asura then explains that he was created when Death removed his fear in order to be the god of absolute order. The results of that created the madness we hate. Kid questions if that was the case, then why does he know fear and the meaning of it? Asura said that was the point. Kid was made in an immature state like a human, to be young and inexperienced, so that he would be better than him. That last bit made the Kishin sound bigger by that. The others arrive up to help Kid.

He goes further by insulting them by saying because both their normal world and the madness world were made from Death, they were nothing more but puppets. Blackstar took offense by that and proceeded to beat the shit out of him, saying Death was far different from him. They fought for a bit, until Asura fires a laser at Blackstar point blank. But surprisingly, or unsurprisingly depending on your perspective, Blackstar not only survives, but fires the laser as an explosion back out.

Kid: Wha...?

Maka and Ann: (mouths dropped open)

Asura: (laughs) Ohhh... That's scary. Horrifying. To think that any human being could do a thing like that.

Blackstar: (laughs) As if I couldn't do something God can do!!! The only thing I can't do... (small pause) are the things only I can't do!!