Guard

Zoe's POV

Looking up at Ryker with a flirty smile I press my hips into his winding them in a circle. He gets closer inhaling my scent with a low growl. "At least we have chemistry. That's something that can't be faked" said Ryker. "Of course it can," I said looking up at him. Ryker's hands move up and down my body. My breasts swell beneath his gaze.

"Are you saying you don't want me Zoe?" said Ryker. His hands slide down and he hooks his fingers under my thighs and lifts me up to straddle his hips. I cry out in euphoric sensations running through me. He moves so my back is against the tree. With a small whimper I lift myself higher onto his hard body rubbing my hips against his. "You definitely want me," chuckled Ryker.

"If we're going to be faked married we may as well get as much pleasure out of this as we can" said Ryker. I suck in a breath torn between my logical brain and the need pulsing between my legs. My body was getting warmer. He was still lifting me up against the tree. Pinned to it like nothing. His lips find mine and his tongue plunges inside taking full possession.

I kiss him back with just as much fervor. I didn't know what this feeling was but I needed more. It was driving me crazy as our lip's couldn't part. I couldn't give into this temptation. Ryker's lips hungrily explore mine. I gasp when his hands massage my breasts. "Ryker" I say as I lean my head back. "You've got great tits Zoe" Ryker said, nuzzling against me. He was being playful.

After a few more passionate kisses Ryker pulls back. He leans his head against mine as we both breath heavily. "From now on we'll need to act like we're completely in love even when we are alone," said Ryker, being the first to talk. "I'm all in Ryker. So this better work" I said thinking about my flight. We step back away from each other. He puts his hand out for me to take. I take his outstretched hand and we continue to walk through the forest.

As we walk I realize that I don't know much about Ryker's dragon flight. The only thing I know is what I've studied for war. "What about your mother? Do you think she made it back to your flight house?" I asked him. "I hope so. I'm sure my brother already sent out search parties for us" said Ryker. I tried to think of clues so I can get to my flight faster. It was my goal. "Was anyone mad when you became the dragon lord in your flight?" I asked him.

"No. No one even challenged me" said Ryker. He was thinking for a while. "My biggest issue is dealing with our dragon elders. Me and my mom weren't close. My brother is younger so he would be next" said Ryker. I didn't know much about his family. Elders makeup a council that is supposed to advise the dragon leader. They are supposed to help the flight not destroy it.

"You have finalized decisions" I said thinking of putting pieces together. "Yes but the council has been trying to gain more power," said Ryker. "Do you think someone on the council was involved in your kidnapping?" I asked. Ryker's hand tightens on mine as tension pulses through him. "As of right now everyone except my mother is a suspect," said Ryker. "Even your brother?" I asked. "I trust my brother with my life. He's next in line as dragon lord if I die, so he has more to gain" said Ryker. He took a deep breath, maybe hoping it wasn't him. "It would be ignorant if I didn't consider him a suspect," said Ryker. I could tell the thought of this upsets him. His voice takes a hard edge as I said. I can tell I struck a nerve with my question. I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a soothing hug. At first he tenses. Just when I think he's going to push me away his hands wrap around my lower back bringing me hard against his body.

A low moan escapes him when I scratch my nails down his neck. His neck and shoulders were tense. "Yesterday you were threatening to kill me and now you comfort me?" Ryker said, moving his head when I scratched a tense spot. "You said we need to act like a married couple, a good wife comforts her husband" I said, stopping from scratching him. He grabs my hand and says "I don't need comfort. It's nice to see you taking your role as my wife seriously." He looks from my face to my fingers. "Everyone needs comfort but can't you drop your guard even for a minute Ryker?" I said with a smile. He looks at me, not dropping his guard.

"Even cold emotionless dragon lords like you need comfort every once in a while" I said. Ryker just takes my hand and walks us down a dark path. He was walking slower than normal and I was wondering if something was wrong. "Ryker, why are you going so slow?" I asked him. Even with him ignoring my response before it was weird. "You were practically racing to get to your home," I said. His eyes get cold but I see a hint of vulnerability behind them. "Ryker, what is it? You can tell me" I said. Just then he looks at me. He takes a very deep breath. "I need you to promise me you won't take any unnecessary risks," he said.

To me this whole idea is an unnecessary risk. "Ryker, are you suddenly worried about my safety?" I asked him. "Maybe I am...because this plan will only work if you do exactly as I say," said Ryker. The pause made me feel like a flutter. "Since you're headstrong and stubborn you're going to want to fight me at every turn" said Ryker. As soon as I thought there was a flutter it was gone. Of course he wouldn't change his guard. I wondered why it was so hard for him to stop?