Hate

Zoe's POV

The whole flight was already opposite with Ryker for saying he married me. "You were only gone a few days. Who even married you?" asked Aiden. This was a part we never talked about. Aiden looks suspiciously between me and Ryker. "We were married yesterday in a small village we stopped at," Ryker says. I mean he did come up with a fake marriage at the hunter town. I guess that was a half true story. "All you need to know is that I love her. Disrespecting her is disrespecting me" said Ryker. The whole flight didn't know what to think or expect.

Aiden hunches his shoulders humbly and steps closer to Ryker. "Even if you do love Zoe we need to kill her anyway" he said. "I've made myself clear," said Ryker. Aiden really was against us. I know elders can be so determined to be right and protect the flight but this was insane. "We have no choice, you're already engaged to someone else" said Aiden. Everyone looked at Ryker shocked. "What" I said in disbelief. I was completely in shock. "You're engaged? To whom?" I asked just like everyone else. He knew I was engaged after what happened.

"To me" said a voice from the crowd. Jealous rage pulses through my veins but I tamp it down. We aren't even really married and I am jealous of someone being engaged to Ryker. The woman runs up to him and she throws her arms around Ryker. She tries to kiss him but he pushes her away. She falls to the floor humiliated in front of everyone for trying that on him. "Victoria? What the hell are you doing here?" Ryker said, sounding upset. She bats her eyelashes as she gets off the floor. She dusted herself off and tried to lean into him.

"I heard you went missing so I came here to see if I could help find you" she says as Ryker pushes her away again. "We were never engaged," said Ryker, annoyed. Victoria looks at Aiden with feigned surprise. "Aiden has already accepted our engagement. That makes us as good as married" said Victoria. I looked at her as if she was missing a few screws. "No it doesn't. Aiden doesn't have the power to even agree to anything for me. I am already married" said Ryker. Victoria's furious gaze burns into me. "You can't be serious. She's not even pretty and she's weak" she said. Clearly she has never even met me to say that.

"You know she can't keep you happy like I can" says Victoria. I mean why do all girls get so jealous of me. Ryker is still my enemy. Victoria reaches for Ryker but I push her away. "Don't you dare touch my husband" I said, narrowing my gaze at her. She looks at me angrily. "You need to accept his boundaries and leave" I said with a growl. I take Ryker's hand as I step close to him. "There will never be a wedding Victoria," said Ryker. "This means war. I'll be here" said Victoria, upset. She runs off as Ryker grabs Aiden by his shirt with a loud roar.

"Never speak for me again, understand?" said Ryker. Aiden nods his head. Ryker tosses Aiden back and then addresses the rest of his flight. "I will tell Victoria's father the misunderstanding of what happened. There will be no war" said Ryker, calming everyone down. "You can't possibly choose your enemy over a merger with a stronger dragon flight," said Aiden. "Now that Zoe's father has passed she's agreed to be my wife there's no need for a merger since she is a dragoness. Our flight is strong enough on its own," said Ryker. He did so much to convince them. He sounded so tired of it already. I mean we were going back and forth already.

"You can't be stupid enough to think Zoe isn't going to take her revenge on us," said Aiden. This elder was getting on my nerves. "How dare you disrespect your dragon lord. I have nothing left to avenge. Both of my parents are dead. Ryker's father and sister are dead. We're even" I said. If this couldn't convince them I didn't know what would. Ryker speaks loud enough for the rest of the flight to hear. "If you trusted my judgment enough to make me your dragon lord you should trust my judgment now" said Ryker. I guess now they couldn't say anything about that.

"Zoe will kill you in your sleep" said Aiden. Ryker smiled even at the comment. "She hasn't killed me yet," said Ryker. He looked down at me and winked. I just smiled at his statement. Ryker gives me a smoldering look as he puts his arm around my waist. "If I do die it will be of pleasure not of pain" said Ryker. I almost laugh at the incredulous loon in Aiden's face. I hold Ryker's gaze enjoying this ruse more than I thought I would. "I love you way too much to let you die. I do like bringing you close to the edge," I said. I just started flirting with Ryker to make it seem normal. "Enough we get it" said Aiden. Ryker takes a breath looking out to his dragon flight.

"I trust Zoe with my life. She trusts me by being here. I'm surprised you're so ignorant and not seeing the positive side, Zoe is one of the best fighters in our territory. She's intelligent and has a devious war strategy" said Ryker. She was trying to make excellent points about me on his flight. "The little slut is going to turn that strategy on us and kill us all," said Aiden. Ryker roars with anger at Aiden's insult. No one speaks about me like that. I growl loudly back. I knew if I did something this could get us further away from what we wanted. I stopped my growl. Was I really this bad of a person that they hate me this much?