Chapter 20: The bothersome customer

Sepher's POV:

03/04/2023

It's been 10 days since I got out of the hospital, and I still haven't been home. Although it has been my first week back at work. It was a rough first couple days, but I got through it. Me and Asher just closed for the day and Natan was on his way to pick me up. I was wiping down the counter when I remembered a customer that had been bothering me.

"Hey Ash?" They looked up as they were wiping down a table. "Did you see that woman who was like... watching me? She's been here every day since I got back."

"She's been here every day since the attack, man. She kept asking me when you'd be back. Called Natan a disgrace for dating a t-word. She called both of y'all the f-word."

"Damn. What the fuck?" I shook my head. I couldn't believe it. "Wasn't her name Rain or something?"

"Yeah, it was Rain. Why?" They looked at me confused.

"I was gonna ask Natan about her."

"Ask Natan about who?" I looked up as I heard my favorite voice.

Natan walked in. We had unlocked the door when he texted me that he was 3 minutes out. He made his way to me and wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed along the back of my neck.

I was honestly kind of pissed when I found out my hair had been shaved, but I understood, and it was starting to grow back a little bit.

I turned in Natan's arms and placed a quick kiss on his lips. We were cut off by some overdramatic gagging. I just flipped Asher off and kissed Natan deeper. He just laughed and pulled away.

"So, what were you two talking about?" He asked as he sat at one of the tables. He had pulled me to the table and gently pulled me to sit in his lap.

"This really creepy customer. She keeps like staring at me and comes in every day." I started and allowed Ash to chime in with his encounter with this mysterious Rain.

"She asked me about Sep the first day the café opened up and then started calling you both slurs." Asher finished and went back to wiping tables.

"The name she gave us for her coffee was Rain-" I was going to say more but Natan's grip on my waist tightened, severely. He clearly knew this woman and didn't like her.

"Did she pay with cash or card?"

"Umm card, I think?"

"Yeah, it was card." Asher chimed in.

Natan tapped my leg, and I stood up. I figured he wanted to see the receipt. So, I hadn't shut down the register system yet.

I walked over to the register and pulled up her order and receipt. Natan read her name and cursed under his breath.

"What's wrong, My Love?" I asked gently.

"She was one of the suitors who wanted to marry me, incase I wasn't engaged in time." He replied. "My parents both hated her and so did I. She got really butt hurt when I didn't call her back."

My jealousy flared. She was trying to take my man.

"You're mine." I said firmly.

"Yes, I am. Rain has no power over me."

"Promise?" I spoke, my voice breaking. I didn't like to admit it, but I could be insecure. Everyone around me, excluding my parents, Asher, and Natan, had always made me feel like I didn't deserve love and sometimes I made the mistake of believing them.

"I promise, My King." He looked into my eyes as he spoke then kissed my nose.

I nodded feeling thoroughly reassured and safe.

"You two just go home. I am thoroughly done being forced to feel single in your presence. I will finish cleaning up. Just go be adorable at home." Asher said with a laugh. They were very single and really wanted a partner. I almost felt bad. Almost.

I gathered my stuff, said goodbye to Asher and left hand in hand with Natan.

Another one down! And another one down! Another one bites the dust!! HEY! HEY! HEY! Please like and comment!! LOVE Y'ALL!!!