Chapter 29: Is this happiness??

Third Person POV:

03/23/2023

(TW: Mentions of injury and death)

It was the next day before they were able to see Sepher.

Natan walked into the room and instantly went to the bedside of his barely conscious boyfriend.

"Hey, baby," Natan spoke softly.

"H-Hey" Sep answered, his voice raspy from having slept for so long.

Natan stood behind him and played with his hair which was growing back in very quickly from where it had to be shaved the last time he was hurt. Asher grabbed the water and straw that sat on the table beside Sepher's bed and helped him take a drink.

Sep drank the water gratefully and then looked at the people in the room.

King William, Queen Aurora, Samael, Asher, and Natan all stood in the hospital room. They were all there to make sure he was okay. All of them cared about him.

"Was it Andrew again?" Sep asked carefully. He didn't want to upset Samael.

"Yeah, it was," Natan answered. "He was shot by police. He's gone. And Rain-Elise is being charged by police for everything she's done."

"Oh..." Sepher didn't know how to react. Somebody had been shot, and killed, because of him. "I think I'd like to be alone please."

"Okay, dear. Just be careful so you can get better. Me and William will go get an update from the doctors." Queen Aurora said gently and patted Sep's leg before walking out with her husband.

Samael and Asher both patted Sepher's arm claiming an excuse about raiding vending machines before leaving the room.

All that was left was Natan.

"Alone, baby. That means nobody else. I love you having you here I just need some time to process this on my own." Sep gently explained to Natan.

Natan kissed his head and lingered for a moment. "Promise me you'll be safe?"

"I promise," Sep answered instantly. "I just need like 10 minutes."

"I'll give you 15 then I'm back in here," Natan said, then kissed Sepher's lips and walked out without adding any bullshit excuses to the list. Sep would have seen through him anyway.

Once the door was shut Sepher leaned back and closed his eyes. Reflecting on everything.

Three months ago, he was getting beaten up daily, his mom was dying, and he had nothing except for a best friend who was in just as shitty of a situation as him and a minimum-wage job at a small cafe.

Now he still had that minimum-wage job and the best friend, but his mom was finally at peace, he had an amazing boyfriend, and a new, found, family.

He smiled to himself and realized something.

"I'm happy. I'm really truly, happy." Sep let out a sigh of relief and waited for his family to come back into the room.

Have some happy fluffiness. Also, we hit 300 reads!!! Like I'm screaming. (Literally, I screamed when I saw, my cat was not happy.) I wanna start leaving a question for y'all to answer in the comments so first question: What's your zodiac sign?