Chap 11: Sep meets w/ his dad. But Capay, his dad, is dead. (Edited)

Natan's POV:

02/06/2023

It took me a minute to process what had just happened. By the time I had realized what the alarm was, the EMT was already shouting 'clear' and shocking Sep. I felt like I couldn't breathe.

My mind was racing with questions. Was Sep going to make it? How hard had he hit his head? Did my parents know about my grandfather's law? How many LGBTQ+ people have been refused care because of that law?

But right now, Sep needed my focus. The EMT had just shocked him for the third time and was waiting to see if a pulse showed up.

It was deathly silent for 1 second...

2 seconds...

3 seconds...

Sepher's POV:

The last thing I remember is Natan yelling at me to wake up.

Then suddenly, I woke up in a hospital room.

That's not right.

I can't go to the hospital in Nockfell. The Nockfell hospital won't treat me.

I look around the room when the door opens...

Dad?!?!?!

"Ah! You're awake!" He says as he walks into the room and sits in a chair next to my bed.

"H-How-?" I ask in disbelief. He died last year. He died of cancer. He died of the same illness that has my mother bedridden.

"I'm sure you have a lot of questions, but we have only so much time. When you hit the wall, your brain was essentially bruised. Where we are now is an in-between world. In-between life and death. Your mother's caretaker found her without a pulse this morning. She is ready to join me. But you have a choice to make. You can either join us, allow your tired body to rest, or you can continue to fight and try to stay with Natan and Asher." My father looks at me sympathetically while he speaks. I have to choose. And my mother. I knew she was done fighting. She told me she wouldn't be home when I returned from Natan's. I had gotten to say my goodbyes to her. I was obviously sad, but I knew it was coming. I had cried for her death with her. I'm glad she is no longer in pain.

But now I had to make the same choice. I knew it was a choice of life or death, but right now it felt like a choice between my parents or my boyfriend and best friend.

Welcome to the end of chapter 11!! That is all for this chapter! Please vote, and comment!! Love you people!!