Chapter 5: The Coffee Shop (Edited)

Sepher's POV

01/03/2023

As I'm working at the café, aka I'm sitting on my phone waiting for a customer to show up, the bell rings, signaling that someone is here.

"Good morning! Welcome to Royals Café! Where the coffee's hot and the-" I cut myself off as I look up and spot Queen Aurora Hawksley and Prince Natan Hawksley. "Good morning My Queen, the usual?" I speak as I bow respectfully.

"Yes, and my son will have an iced coffee with caramel. How have you been, my child?" She asks warmly. I've worked at the coffee shop for 8 years, or since I was 15, and the Queen comes in almost every day and orders the same iced coffee with hazelnut and whipped cream. She knows a lot about me since she is very good at getting people to talk and open up to her.

"I've been alright," I reply as I start to make the Queen's coffee first.

"Natan tells me you had another run-in with those boys?" She says curiously.

"Yes ma'am, I did."

"Are you alright? And how is your mother?"

"I'm okay, and my mother's fighting hard," I say as I finish up her coffee and start on the Prince's. The truth is that my mother is dying and there is nothing anyone can do but to try and keep her comfortable.

"Sepher, I want you to know that the castle is always open if you need somewhere to stay," she says gently.

"I could never ask that of you." And be that close to the hottest person in the world?? No, thank you.

"You know you look much better when you aren't running away from me." A male voice, which I quickly realize is the prince, says.

Oh my god, even his voice is hot- Sep NO! He is straight.

"W-what?" dammit Sep. Get it together.

"You heard me," The prince says while I stand there dumb-founded.

SMACK!

My head goes forward as my best friend and co-worker, Asher, hits me on the back of the head.

I whip around and look at him. "What the hell man?!" I ask while rubbing the back of my head.

"You told me if you ever zone out to zone you back in?" They say while I glare at him.

"Not by smacking me!!"

"Well, it worked," He replies while I just laugh and shake my head.

"Excuse me, our coffees?" I froze as I heard Prince Natan's voice again. I completely forgot they were here.

"My apologies." I say as I give them their coffees, "Have an excellent day, Your Highnesses!" I call as they walk out of the little coffee shop.

I sigh and lean against the counter.

"oOoOO what's thissss" Asher says in a sing-song voice.

"What's what?" I say as I stand up and look at the piece of paper now in my best friend's hand.

He suddenly gasps and looks at me. "How. Dare. You."

I was now thoroughly confused. "What?" I say, staring at him like he was crazy. He honestly kind of is...

"You never told me you were fucking the prince."

"I'm what now?!" I exclaim. I'm so confused. I've talked to the prince maybe like twice now.

"Look what he left you!" Asher said, shoving the paper into my hands.

Please leave comments! They give me the motivation to write!