Chapter 18: It's going to be okay (Edited)

Natan's POV:

02/20/2023

I have no idea why Sep is crying, but I'm just going to hold him until he is done.

These weeks have been the worst two weeks of my life, but it's all over now. Sepher is awake in my arms. Granted, he is crying his eyes out and I don't like that fact, but he is awake.

After about half an hour, he slowly starts to calm down. He takes a deep breath and moves away from me slightly. It really isn't much. He's moved maybe three inches, but it's enough that we can see each other's faces. He kept his eyes on his lap, though. Before I can ask why he had burst into tears right after waking up, he starts speaking through hiccups.

"Wh- while I was unconscious- I was in this in-between place. It was- was a hospital room. My- my parents were there." He took another deep breath, and I realized why he had been crying. "The who- whole room started fa- fading. My p- parents..." I just hug him as tight as I can. I'm incredibly grateful that I still have both my parents. I can't imagine what Sep just went through.

We slowly pull out of the bone-crushing hug and I look my prince in the eyes. Those beautiful, brown eyes showed a window right into Sep's emotions. "Baby? I'm gonna call the doctor so that they can check you out, okay?" I keep my voice gentle, and he nods.

"Stay?" He says the word so quietly that I almost miss what he says. If he had been any further than a couple inches away then I wouldn't have heard him.

"Yes, baby. I'll always stay." I say in reply as I sit back in the chair that has been my best friend for the last 14 days.

After a little while of us just sitting together in a comfortable silence waiting for the doctor, Sep speaks up again.

"How long? Was I out, I mean."

"2 weeks." I reply to him.

"What?" He looked at me, shocked. "But... I rarely, if ever, felt you leave me..."

"Because I didn't leave you, Sep. I only left twice when someone forced me to shower." As I finish speaking, he wrinkles his nose.

"So that's what I'm smelling." His words are accented with a slight laugh. I playfully swat at his forearm. Which only succeeded in making him laugh a little harder.

As we were calming down from our laughter, the doctor walked in. She is a kind lady with pretty eyes and a gentle smile. She has bright blue hair and is almost completely covered in tattoos. She is the primary physician of the entire royal family, and I have known her for as long as I can remember. I was very glad when I found out that she was going to be in charge of taking care of Sep.

"I'm glad to hear the laughter. Laughter means health." She says in her usual gentle and cheerful tone. She walks over to Sep and starts her exam.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time skip brought to you by me forgetting I was writing because I opened Amazon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The doctor left a few minutes ago and Sep had fallen asleep. I'm overjoyed that he is okay. I stand up and walk around the room, messing with my hair.

As I'm realizing my desperate need for a hairbrush and a shower, the door opens with a knock and Asher steps inside the room.

"Hey, I heard Sep was awake, but I had to finish up my shift." They say as he looks towards the bed where Sep is peacefully sleeping.

"First day open after the incident, right?" I ask as he looks back at me.

"Yeah, turns out someone almost dying out front brings in business." He shakes their head as he speaks. They are clearly uncomfortable with something that happened today, but I feel it isn't my place to ask. "What did the doctor say about Sep?" He asks, bringing the conversation back to Sepher.

"His brain function is normal. He isn't complaining about any pain, so that's good. They want to keep him here tonight and maybe tomorrow night, but he will definitely be home by Wednesday."

"Thank God. I don't know what I would do if he isn't okay. He's been there for me since... since the beginning. We've been friends for what feels like forever. When I saw him out there..." They look down and shakes his head.

"I understand that. When you called me, I was freaking out. Like Sep had just left my house." He chuckles slightly at that and I look at them, confused.

"You say house as if you don't live in a castle." He says as an explanation for his laughter.

"Oh, yeah. I actually don't think about that a lot. For me, it's not the castle. It's just the place I grew up in. The place my children will grow up in."

"I'm sure Sep can't wait to hear that. He can't wait to have kids. That's why he hasn't had bottom surgery. He wants to get pregnant and have kids one day."

"Really? That's awesome."

"Yeah."

We both nodded at each other, then went and sat in the chairs on opposite sides of Sep's bed. Each of us taking one of his hands in ours. Everything was going to be okay.

Nobody is allowed to ask how many times I got distracted while writing this. Anyway, byeeeeeeeee!!!!