Exploring The Base of Ainz Ooal Gown - 1

Comenzar desde el principio

"Damn you!" Mizuki cursed as she immediately transformed into her humanoid form and punched Lucian, but it had no effect, as they were friends and friendly fire was not a thing in the game.

"Let's go, or are you not going to show me Nazarick anymore?" Lucian said as he held her slimy but slender hand up.

"Of course! Let's go! I've already added you to my party. I'll send you a guest invitation. Accept it so that the defense system won't activate." She said as she brought out her menu and immediately sent a guest invitation to Lucian. Lucian promptly accepted, and a green light appeared near his vision as he gazed at the center of the swamp they were standing on.

The swamp didn't affect Lucian or Mizuki, thanks to their racial immunity. However, if they were some other humanoid or demi-humanoid, they could have been afflicted by the condition «Stuck» and might have needed specific abilities or items to overcome the effect.

As Mizuki pulled Lucian, almost dragging him off his feet, they appeared near a large and expansive cemetery. Statues of goddesses and demons were scattered throughout, alongside numerous graves. As Lucian stepped out of the swamp, he saw a massive mausoleum at the center. Four smaller mausoleums surrounded it in a circle on each side with long pillars lining the path.

"Let's go. We should visit the second floor first, and you can check on Ron-chan's NPC. Yama-chan is probably on the 9th or 10th floor, so we can work our way down. Her sister is likely visiting the guild today," Mizuki said as she led Lucian toward the grand mausoleum located right at the center.

Without any resistance, Lucian immediately teleported both of them to the entrance of the mausoleum. Teleporting to visible locations was something Lucian always did to save time, and Mizuki was used to it, so she didn't mind.

"Wait a second," Mizuki said as she brought out her menu and opened her inventory. She retrieved a golden ring with a red crystalline gem at its center, which had the guild symbol on it.

"Is that a travel artifact?" Lucian asked as he examined the golden ring. He had also created a similar item for himself, Suzune and Mei Mei. While he didn't need such an item because he could teleport anywhere as the owner of the base, he used it to limit his travel options and explore more of his guild to create new content. His travel item was a simple ring, unlike the beautiful one Mizuki held. Regular players created utility items in the form of rings, as players could essentially expand their ring slots to 10.

"Yes, it's the [Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown]. It allows all the guild members to move through the base without having to walk for hours," Mizuki explained. She pushed the large ring onto her finger, and it immediately shrank to the size of her finger. Then, she held Lucian's hand, which he allowed, and tapped on the ring. A new menu appeared, and they immediately vanished from the entrance of the grand mausoleum.

Lucian and Mizuki immediately appeared in what seemed to be a dark maze-like place surrounded by walls on both sides, with an open path in the front and back. The ceiling was high, and the eerie, black ground emitted a dark light.

"This is the second floor. Let's go," Mizuki said excitedly as she held Lucian's hand and led him down one of the pathways.

"Did you guys not customize the first few floors?" Lucian asked as they walked.

"We did. We expanded the floor, so we decided to keep the first three floors as close to the original catacombs as possible. But there are many new additions made by other guild members," Mizuki explained as they entered what appeared to be a burial chamber. It was a vast room with the Ainz Ooal Gown flag hung at the top.

"Let me see," Mizuki muttered as she brought up her screen and started looking for something. After a moment, she turned her attention back to Lucian.

"Just wait a few seconds. Shalltear will probably be coming here; her NPC settings are designed for her to patrol all three floors every day," Mizuki explained.