32. Girl to girl talk

Start from the beginning

I was glad I wasn't the only one wanting to keep quiet. My mind wandered back to my masked lover? No, that's not right.

We quickly finished lunch and I hurriedly ran to my room before Pansy could stop me.

I closed my door, locked it and sat down on my bed, book in hand, and o per it to where I had left off.

About five minutes passed by, then suddenly, my peace with interrupted by a small knock.

I hesitantly asked "who is it?" But I already knew the answer, sort of.

"It's me Ly, open up." I calmed down at the sound of Eliana's voice.

I walked up to the door and Eliana walked in and as I was about to close it, Pansy, Astoria and Jessica walked in as well.

I stared at them. Astoria started,

"They know."

"Know what?" I asked

"We told them that you were with a guy during the ball, and ditched us for him."

O dear.

Astoria's POV:

We hadn't told them that we believe it's Mattheo, we simple said that we know the reason Lyra wasn't with us at the ball, and that it was for a guy. It seemed unlikely for her to do that so they agreed to help us find out who, little do they know, we already know, we just need to know if she knows.

"Lyra, so, who was this 'guy' they keep talking about?" Jessica asked "who is he that he managed to keep you away from us? What is he more important than us?!" She sort of yelled while Pansy and i  kept smirking and sharing glances at each other while Eliana watched them amused.

Lyra looked nervous, something she doesn't usually show.

"Okay, fine. I'll come clean. Sit." We sat on her bed and waited for her to speak but first she cast a silencing charm then stood in front of us and gulped.

"Okay..." she said as we all waited very impatiently for her to start.

"So, I don't know who he is." I smirked and looked at Pansy who was also smirking as the other two looked intrigued.

"You don't know who he is?" Asked Eliana.

"So, you ditched us for a stranger?" Asked Jessica narrowing her eyes.

Lyra sighed, "no. There's more." Now we were intrigued, what more could there be?

"So, remember the ball at the beginning of the year?"

We nodded.

"I met him then."

Okay, so they met behind masks at the first ball, then at the second and never knew each other's identities.

"So you ditched us for a guy you met twice in your life?" Asked Jessica.

"I DIDNT MEAN TO DITCH YOU PEOPLE." She yelled.

"WELL TOO BAD CAUSE YOU DID." Jessica yelled back.

"Hang on." Said Lyra "where were you near the end? When I came back you weren't there."

She was right.

"I was umm in the bathroom." Said Jessica

"Now that I think about, Draco wasn't there either." Said Lyra

"What does that have to do with me?"

"You seemed to be a bit distracted at lunch today, any relation?" Smirked Lyra.

"I umm THIS ISN'T ABOUT ME!" Yelled Jessica.

"Jess, were you with Draco?" Asked Eliana.

Jess was now red and flustered. She ran and hugged Eliana sobbing into her shoulder.

"Yes, yes I was with Draco." She sobbed.

Eliana comforted her, well tried to at least while Lyra looked happy to be right about them.

"Don't get too happy missy, we're not done with you yet." I said to her.

—————
I'm so happy to be back
Finally finished this.

Ily