Loki - Love Lost (Beauty and the Beast, Pt. 2)

He's gone.  He's really gone.

The words echoed in your head.  The fight was over, the battle was lost.  Instead of being victorious or keeping the enemy at bay, he fell--onto the floor, into a hospital bed, into his last breath, into a sleeping death.

Every book that you picked up, every page, every line every word -- one moment it came upon your eyes, and the next it would float away, unable to stay in the recesses of your wandering mind.  The more ink you saw, the less you saw of them, tears blurring your vision.  All you wanted to do was go back in time, when things were simpler, when you didn't have to worry about the next day or moment.

Where you didn't have to say goodbye.

You sat huddled in the kitchen corner, mind empty but oh so heavy at the same time, just like your heart.  Not standing this anymore, Loki approaches you, kneeling down to your level.

"Darling, talk to me."

You look up into his eyes, sparkling as if Asgard lay in them.  You knew he was trying, trying to give you the comfort that he never had, trying to make it so you didn't have to suffer, but the pain was inevitable.  Like him, you lost someone you loved, your best friend, your protector.  And like him, you remained silent, not wanting or knowing what to say or how exactly to express your feelings of emptiness.

All you could do was look.

You give him eyes that said more than words could explain.  And he understands, pulling you from the corner and into his arms.  Stroking your hair, he buries your head into his chest and kisses your hair.

"I'm here, Darling.  I know it hurts, and there's nothing you could have done.  It does get better and there is hope, but it's okay to feel hurt now."

Without looking up at him, he wipes away at your tears, knowing exactly where they would fall.  He always knew, as if he knew which memories each tear was trailing down your face.  You two were one and the same, and when you felt warm rain falling on your head, you knew the pain was one as well.  But when you lookup at him, he leans in, gracefully making your noses dance.

"Take as much time as you need, love."  With that, he gently pecks your lips slowly, showing you the love he didn't receive during his grief, showing you that someone will always be there for you even though no one was there for him.

****

(A/N):  R.I.P. Grandpa @BadwolfRed18 . I'm so sorry for your loss, dear!  We're all here for you xx

Deadline for requests is 11:59pm EST!  (Just under 8 hours.)  Here's a list of TWH requests I have thus far:

- WholockHobbit18 (As soon as I get a inbox confirmation of some information; I don't want to jump without permission to do something.)

- LadyBatman23

- Ragforever14

- dancingpanda137

- DianaMontHer

- Captain_Spanglez

- Puck17

- SherlokiansUnite16

- Loki_Bae

- phoenixninja978

- Leilani_hiddleston