Tom - I'll Be Right There

"Tom, are you ready?" you asked as you came down the stairs.  Date night.  One of your favorite days of the week.  No running to interviews, no working, no distractions.  Just the two of you.  Dinner, a movie, ice skating, a picnic.  The possibilities were endless.

        You come down the stairs, ruffling through your hair.  You spot Tom at the desk in the living room, he focused on the screen of your laptop.

        "Tom, you heard me?" you say a bit louder.  He startles up.

        "Hm?  Oh, I'll be right there."  Brushing it off, you go to the mirror in the hallway, fixing your hair into a bun.   You hear Tom tapping loudly, his thumps broken up sporadically.  You turn to him, confused.

        "Are you alright?"

        "Just trying to learn morse."  He looks up at you.  "Do you know morse?"

        "No, but it can be very useful."

        "We should learn together."

        "Okay."  Not liking the way your bun came out, you restart.

        "Darling?"  He was sure being random today.

        "Yes, Tom?"

        "How would you feel about adopting?"  You look at him as you stick a bobby pin in your hair.

        "A child?"  He lightly chuckles.

        "No, a puppy."  With relief, you turn back to the mirror.

        "A puppy sounds doable at this point in time."  You can feel his smile brighten up the room.

        "How about an english bulldog?"  You nod your head, silently agreeing as you tried to make your hair exactly the way you wanted it.  But it simply was not staying put.  You take it out for a second time, you completely frustrated.

        "(Y/N)?"  You sigh, not knowing what to expect.

        "Tom?"

        "How do you feel about masquerades?"  Your eyes widen, you finally putting the pieces together.  You snap around, and you see Tom trying not to smile but failing miserably.

        "Tom," you say in a low, steady voice.  "What...are...you looking at?"  His chuckles confirm your suspicions.  Putting your hair into a messy bun, you dart over to him, but he gets up, laughing as he runs away with the computer.

        "Are you on my wattpad?!"

        "Oooo, what's this Loki one?" he asks, clicking on the Speak imagine.

        "Gimme the laptop!"

        "Ooo, look at that, there's Shakespeare in this one," he stays laughing, running up the stairs.  You chase him still, making him run towards a corner.

        "THOMAS!"  As you as you think you've got him corner, he turns back around, spins, and runs back down the stairs.

        "Sonnet number 23, how appropriate."

        "Will you stop?!" you drag out.

        "What's this Do You Understand one?"

        "Don't click on that!"  You dive, lunging to tackle him and being successful.  Tom is still chuckling even as you strip him from the electronic.

        "I thought you said you would never read tumblr or things like that!"

        "Well when your mother and siblings told me that you have one of these accounts, I got curious."  You roll your eyes, but a smile creeps on your face.  "I'm ready for lunch if you are."  You feel your bun.  Why not.

~

        The doorbell wake you up the next morning at 9.  With a yawn, you sleepily walk down the stairs and open the door.  On the step, there's a bouquet of red roses and yellow daffodils and a small box.  You open the box, and inside is a red necklace.  You palm your forehead.

        Thomas William!

~

A/N: Albeit it really short, this one was fun to write, especially when I had to refer to past imagines.  Thanks for the request, Sarah!