Tom and Loki - Nightmare, Pt. 3

You were scared, scared to your very bone and core. You hadn't even told Tom, and yet here you were with the most villainous of criminals, at his mercy trying to protect your family.

"Please, please let me go back home, Loki."

If you thought his voice was cruel before, his voice was downright wicked. "Home? You betrayed me to the highest degree and you want to go home?!"

"But—" He backhands your face before grabbing you by your neck once more.

"You once wanted me. You once wanted to make me happy, give me all of you, produce me a child."

"I didn't know you were real—" He tightens his grip.

"You brought my hopes up, as if someone could actually love me. But you're just like everyone else. Empty, pathetic, lying scum!"

"If I had known—" He threw you on your side.

"I answered your calls. I came to you in your dreams."

"I just thought—"

"'Just thought?!'" You prepared yourself for another hit to the face. You understood how it was so painful. Your first date, kiss in the rain, dream wedding, even your first child—all those things you had dreamed and all those things had been with the Asgardian. And all those things, you had given your emotions to the full.

"I cried with you. I laughed with you. I kissed you, everything before Tom came. And you dare to take that away, you dare to take our child away from me?!"

"You know..." you say, trying to catch your breath, "it's impossible...that it's yours." His eyes grew crimson, and you knew you should have never uttered those words. With an eerie calmness, he bends down to your stomach, tracing random lines on your skin with his Jotun fingers.

"It's quite a shame."

"What is?" He kisses your stomach before standing up. He pulls out a dagger and you scream.

"You wanted to raise a child with me. And that's how it's going to be." He heads towards the door, but you crawl towards him as far as the rope will allow you.

"Loki, please, please don't harm Tom!"

"Does he know?" You stare at him, and he comes back over, holding your chin. "Does he know, Pet?!" You shake your head wildly. "Good. And he will never know." He gives you an abrupt kiss before tossing you aside.

"Please, Loki! I'm begging you! I'll do anything! Just please don't harm Tom or our baby!"

"'Our?' Tom's or mine?" He doesn't let you answer, slamming the door as he exits. You sob, knowing that either way, you'll never see Tom again.

~

Tom's POV

I had looked everywhere. Even the police had checked all over the city, all over the state. Security cameras, traffic cams, paparazzi photos—nothing even gave a trace of (Y/N).

I couldn't sleep. For five days, I sit awake, waiting at the front door in case she would return. I still set the table for two, still watched Doctor Who every Saturday, missing her laughs and her cries. I even cuddled with her teddy bear, the one I gave to her on the night I proposed.

But that night was different. I don't know how, but I had a strange feeling in my veins, the blood pumping faster in them. My mind was on guard, and I knew something was going to happen.

And answering my question, I heard a noise, so quiet you would almost miss it. Turning around slowly, I stare face to face with Loki, sitting forward on the couch.

And in his hand was a dagger, he turning the point on the coffee table. He chuckles.

"You know, it's funny really—"

"Where is she?"

"—you give someone everything they've ever dreamed off, and they stab you in the back." He picks up the blade and studies it.

"(Y/N) would never betray anyone." He looks up at me, and my blood runs cold. "She wouldn't, I know her."

"No, you. You, she's quite fond of you." Loki stands up and starts walking casually towards me. "I've given her everything she's ever wanted, but she chose you." My heart sank. Why is he speaking in past tense? What has he done to her?

"Is (Y/N) alright? Loki, tell me if she's okay."

"You are asking the wrong questions." He's getting too close to me, and I start to back up.

"Nothing is more important that (Y/N)'s well-being right now." Murderously, he chuckles as he turns into his Jotun form. Shivers to go down my spine. My hands feel a wall behind me, and I feel my face turn pale.

"On the contrary, Mr. Hiddleston, the question is..." He takes my shoulder in one hand and runs the blade through my heart with the other. The pain is excruciating, and my eyes start to black out, the sight of Loki's red eyes burning in my dying memory.

"...will you be?" Fading footsteps fill my ears, the frost giant walking away, leaving the dagger in my chest. I fall forward, left to count the final moments.

*****

A/N: I know, I know. Back to the timeout corner.

(Just curious: What did you think was going to happen?)