Loki - Frost

You have got to be kidding me. 

        "Director Fury, I hope you're kidding," you say, following Nick Fury as he walks around the helicarrier.

        "Is 'joking' written on my forehead?"  You grab his shoulder and turn him around.

        "I am no one's babysitter, especially not this menace."

        "You are if you want to keep your job, (Y/N).  And spin me around like that one more time, and I'll demote you from avenger to janitor.  Do I make myself clear?"

        "Yes sir," you say quietly.

        "Good.  Now off you go."  He turns around, and you unwillingly head to the glass cell, where Loki was waiting for you.

        He sat, waiting with an evil smirk on his pale face, watching what you would do.  He loved that he was intimidating you, instilling fear and doubts.

        "I'll be right here," a voice from behind you says.  You snap around, not expecting Agent Coulson to be at your side.

        "A little warning would've been nice."

        "I'll make it up with coffee later."  You smile before taking a deep breath.  Coulson pats your back as you walk up to the cell.  From the panel, he opens the door, and you step inside the glass.

        "Does Fury know about the romance between you two?"

        "And hello to you too, Loki."

        "I'll take that as a 'no.'"

        "He doesn't know because there's nothing between us," you state plainly.  "And more that what you need to know."

        "So there's more to the story, now is there?"  Your hatred for him only rose.

        "Just like you coming back to Earth?' you respond, flipping it back onto him.  His evil grin disappears and is replaced with solemnity.

        "Where is the relevance?"

        "Why did you come back?  You knew that S.H.I.E.L.D. would raise its defense system, improve its holding cells, and keep a lookout for you."

        "Did you ever think that maybe I came in peace this time?"

        "You?  In peace?  Impossible.  I think in your terms, it would be 'madness.'"

        "Is it?"

        You furrow your eyebrows and leave, he watching you go as you leave a frost trail behind you.  Coulson follows you to another part of the helicarrier and grabs your arm.

        "Hey, don't give me the cold shoulder."

        "Coulson, stop."  He's taken back.

        "You never call me 'Coulson.'"  Your eyes slightly widen, you surprising yourself.

        "I'm sorry, I'm sorry.  I didn't mean it, Phillip."  He smiles.  You were the only one to call him by his full first name.

        "That's better.  Now, don't let him get to your head.  That's how he traps you, that's how he got us last time.  Just stay calm."

        "Permission to freeze him?"

        "I have no authorization for that, but you know my answer if I did."  You smile.

        "I have to get back to my assignment, but you'll be okay, I know you will."