Loki - Fangirl Pt. 2

"I've seen a Disney production," Loki snapped as the credits to Bambi appeared on the television.  "Now can I leave?"

        "Good, it's working.  You asked to be excused."

        "Can I?"

        "No."  The frost giant lets out a loud groan as the doorbell rings.  You run to answer it, and it's (Y/G/B/F), holding a pizza box.  You had called him right before you put in the movie.  He insisted on paying for the pizza, and you were too strained out to argue.

        "I came as quickly as I could," he says, giving you a friendly hug hello.  You take the pizza, and, as he takes off his shoes, (Y/G/B/F) holds up a plastic bag.

        "What's that?"

        "Snacks, because that's what I do, and comfier clothes for Loki.  I know I wouldn't want to wear all that garb for hours on end."  Loki snaps his head around.

        "That's royal garbs to you, you uncultured peasant!"  You shoot him a glare as you put the pizza down on the kitchen island.

        "Loki Laufeyson, now what did Thumper teach you?"

        "No, I'm not--"  You make your way back into the living room.

        "Loki..."

        "Keep cool, boy," (Y/G/B/F) attempts to soothe, putting the snacks away, but it only enrages him.

       "Loki, what did you learn?"

        "I am not one to be mocked, and I will not--"

        "If you don't recite in three seconds, I will make you watch My Little Pony, Barbie movies, CareBears, and a whole slew of other fluffy movies and shows!"  He lets out an exasperated sigh of defeat.

        "If you can't say something nice--really is this necessary?!"

        "Finish it!"  He throws his head against the couch.  You fold your arms and tap your foot.

        "Don't say nothing at all," he mutters, scowling right back at you.  You smile and head back to the kitchen, and (Y/G/B/F) laughs behind you.

        "Whipping him into shape, I see."

        "Someone has to do it," you say, placing two slices onto two plates.  You walk back to the couch, the frost giant still fuming.

        "I'll have you know this is mutany," Loki says as you hand him a plate.

        "I'll have you know I don't care."  You sit down rather triumphantly as Loki angrily bites at his pizza.  It doesn't escape your notice.

        "Loki Laufeyson, if you do not straighten up, I will put on Snow White and you will have to endure high singing and an annoying, catchy mining song."  Sheepishly, his eyebrows slightly soften as he sits up and eats his pizza more gently.

        "That's better," you say, smirking at him.

        "So which movie is up next?" (Y/G/B/F) asks, sitting down with his plate of food.  You turn to Loki, putting a finger on your cheek as if you were thinking.  He raises his eyebrow at you.

        "Double feature!" you both hear your friend exclaim as he spots The Lion King DVDs.  He pops in the first movie, and you shrug your shoulders.

        "Maybe this movie is the right choice."

        "What's that supposed to mean?"  As you three watched, he found out.  You watch his scowl soften as Mufasa falls, his face expressionless for the rest of the movie.  Without a word, (Y/G/B/F) puts in the sequel.  You stare at Loki, his face still blank.

        "Are you okay?  Do you think you can handle the second movie?"  He slowly nods, and you pat his back.  "You're doing great, okay?"  When Kovu is exiled, you feel a cold hand slip into yours.  You look down, then up at Loki, and his eyes remained glued to the TV screen.  You move closer to him, nuzzling your cheek against his arm.  You continue to look at the movie, even as his head comes to rest on top of yours.

        Once the movie is over, you go to remove it from the DVD player.  (YG/B/F) looks over at Loki and smiles, for he remains calm and quiet.

        "How you doing over there, Mr. Laufeyson?"  Loki doesn't say anything, but just watches you.  You turn around to see his eyes, slightly red from being tired and from tearing up at the movies.  You hold out your hand and give him a warm smile.

        "I know how to fix this."  Shyly, he takes your hand, and you pull him up to his feet.  You lead him to the kitchen and sit him down at the island.  Your friend comes in and pats his back.  He searches in the refrigerator and glances over his shoulder.

        "Lok-ster?"  Loki looks up.  "You want a pudding cup?"  (Y/G/B/F) tosses him a cup of Jello's chocolate pudding, and the frost giant catches it.  As Loki opens to eat it, your friend hands him a spoon and looks back at you.

        "Whatcha doing?" he askes, grabbing another stool to sit.

        "Making abuelitas," you say, pouring the hot chocolate into three Mason jars.  You top it with whipped cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg before handing it to the boys.  "Careful, it's hot."  Loki just holds the cup while (Y/G/B/F) takes a sip.

        "Can I crash here?"

        "Of course, Will Grayson, Will Grayson."  He smiles and takes his cup upstairs to a spare guest room, leaving you and Loki alone.  You sit down, opposite of Loki.  He stares at you as you slowly take a sip of the Mexican hot chocolate.

        "I still don't get it," he says after a while of silence.  You let your eyes meet his.  "Why would you want to waste your time on me?"  You set down your jar.

        "I just want you to know that you’re very special… and the only reason I’m telling you is that I don’t know if anyone else ever has."  You push your jar to the side and hug your arms.  "You can go if you want.  I've held you here long enough."  Loki pushes aside his jar.

        "I'm not ready for you to stop being my problem."  Puzzled, you look up at him.

        "What--"  Immediately, he cuts you off with a kiss, leaning over the table and taking your cheek gently into his hand.  Just as abruptly he connects your lips with his, he disconnects them, leaving you breathless and missing his taste.  He takes his abuelita and proceeds to the living room.

        "I'm almost positive you owe me one more movie," he says, propping his feet onto the couch.  He pats the small space next to him, and you laugh, walking up to cuddle next to him.  "And this time, get to choose what we watch."

*****

A/N:  Challenge:  On this one and the last one, comment the references (both obvious and hinted) that you saw!  Also, I am currently empty on requests!  What would you like to see next?  (DM me the details.)