Loki - Fear Room

Loki's POV 

"What could go wrong?" I said. "Try me, I'm ready for anything."

Everything and anything went wrong. I was definitely not prepared.

When Fury requested that everyone undergo the fear room, , I scoffed at the idea. I figured just undergoing the normal things: spiders, height, confined spaces. Piece of cake. Not a big deal.

No, he took this training to a whole other level. Coulson led me down the hall and to a waiting room. All the other Avengers were there, fumbling with their fingers and tapping their legs.

"Why are you guys so afraid?"

My answer came immediately after, Steve screaming his head off while inside the room. My eyes widened as the rest of them cringed.

"What do you think they're doing to him?" Natasha asked.

Clint answered. "Fury said it's only a needle, only a simulation."

 Yeah, right.

It was only a matter of time until he returned, his skin white as a sheet and his hands still shaking.

"Peggy," he repeated in a murmur as Hill led him back to his room. "Peggy."

 Why did I decide to help SHIELD?

"Loki," (Y/N) called for me. My nervous eyes met her sorrowed (e/c) ones. Mustering up the boldness I once had, I walked into the room with my head held high. It was a simple room, white walls and a orange glow. In the middle was a chair, similar to that for the dentist, that I had to sit in. Attached to it was another machine, one with a monitor that (Y/N) would operate.

I don't sit, though. Rather, we just stand there, she folding her arms sheepishly.

"It's so horrible to see you guys suffer like this."

"Suffer?" She looks at me with confused eyes.

"Did you not see how the test made Steve?"

"He's just a wimp." She shakes her head.

"Loki, this test is different for everyone because it's tailored to the person." I raise my eyebrow.

"But you don't know my fears." She sighs.

"I know." She takes out a syringe, a clear, orange liquid inside.

 Needles? Really, Fury?

"This serum," (Y/N) explains, "has a transmitter that sends information to the monitor and connects it to you. Basically, I can see what you see and do while you're under."

"While I'm under?"

"Yes. Now head down." I lower my head, and she injects the liquid in the back of my neck. But even though it stung, I was glad to have the brief comfort of her fingertips grazing my skin.

"You might want to sit down," she says. Obediently, I go to the chair.

"Oh and Loki?" I raise my eyebrows, hoping that she would say the words I've been waiting almost a year to hear.

"Yes?"

"Don't do anything stupid." And with that, I instantly become drowsy. Closing my eyes, I go down for the nap.

But as soon as I do, my eyes open again. And I'm not in the room anymore, and my friend isn't there besides me. I'm back in Asgard, back in the trophy room. But, most importantly, I'm back in my childhood, when my father is telling us about the great war.

"...And here we remain as the beacon of hope, shining out across the stars. And though we have fallen into man's myths and legends, it was Asgard and its warriors that brought peace to the universe." He's holding Thor's hand, but do

UPDATE:  Due to WP crashing and the rest of this story being lost (see comments for details), THE FINISHED VERSION IS IN THE SECOND IMAGINE BOOK.

As you were.