Ending 2: Was it actually worth it?

Art by @KAIKUN2021

TW: death

-----------------------

"I see you have been rather busy over this experiment Doctor. I understand why it required quite a lot of money." The dark haired banker says with opened eyes before turning toward the second Harbinger.

"Of course, this requires funds and patience, but the result will only be wonderful." The blue haired man widely smiles. "In only a year or so and he will finally be back on feet."

A silence occurs through the room. Pantalone looks down at the (h/c) man lying on the table before him, his (e/c) eyes closed as if he is sleeping peacefully. He takes a small breath.

"However I must find myself cutting your funds concerning this experiment." His tone was cold enough to make the doctor turn his head toward the banker with shock. 

"What do you mean cutting my funds?! You can't just abandon my experiment while it is in the middle of the process! Wouldn't that mean that it was only a waste of money?!"

His voice is sharp and his red eyes are wide open. The banker coughs and looks right in front of him, trying not to look at the man.

"I am not doing this only for me, but also for your well-being." He sighs before looking back at the man.

"Don't get me wrong, I miss him a lot and he became a great friend of mine during these years with us." Pantalone's voice seems more broken as the words leave his lips. "I will be honest; I am already lying to my brother and his tutor concerning his state by writing fake letters to which they think come from him. I refuse to participate in a game like this with you as well."

He puts his hand on his co-worker’s shoulder as comfort. 
"I understand you got quite attached to him, you two shared a lot in common. But let him go. I don't think he would wish for you to be in this state."

The Ninth of the Harbinger looks at the sleepy man for the last time before turning his back, taking a few steps to leave. He stops in his track and turns his head slightly.

"This is not healthy for you to simply clone him. I wish he would have encountered death later in his life as well, but you are not bringing him back. I am speaking as a friend here Zandik."

His heels click on the tiles and fade away with the distance. Zandik stays silent in the silent room, staring down at the body of the clone that was supposed to be you. He takes the clone's hand and squeezes it, closing his eyes.

You died from blood loss during the surgery to heal you. It has been months since then. When Omega returned to Snezhnaya, he was supposed to be received in a meeting with the Harbingers and their assistants to present the gnoses. 

That day, he carried your dead body bridal style, the gnoses resting in your hands. He was the last to enter the room, going there late on purpose. He had set your dead body on the long table, keeping a straight face. 

The room was completely silent; everyone stared at the dead bloody body before them. Pantalone's smiling face immediately dropped at your sight and even the ones who would despite you the most kept their mouth shut.

Concerning Prime... It was the first time his attention was completely taken during a meeting.

"I present you the Electro and Dendro gnoses, as well as the one who has taken them from the Dendro Archon herself."

The Doctor's clone has spoken these words in the calmest tone; but it wasn't the same for Prime. Omega sounded calm because he is programmed to be selfish. Prime, him, was trying his best to not perceive any emotions. Inside, he was overwhelmed by all types of emotions he had long forgotten. He was ready to beg Celestia to bring you back, he was ready to put himself on his knees and cry for your return. He wanted to take revenge on the Akademiya for murdering you.