Chapter 4: Essay

Art by @oversaltedcat on Twitter/Insta

TW: Nasty clones

---------------------

Saturday. 

It has been less than a week since you have been hired by Dottore. 

Your days of working were more intense and charged than the ones at the Akademiya. However, you didn't found them harder since the lessons and instructions the Harbinger gives you are more like private classes.

The rhythm and pressure are the same than the one at the Akademiya: fast and intense. Yet, he still explains you in details the lessons and would show demonstration from time to time. 

You are always attentive and serious in your work. The Doctor is a high ranked Harbinger and you are aware he is spending a lot of his time _ time he could have used for higher and more interesting purposes _ to teach you what you should know.

Today, he gave you some instructions and asked you to write a whole essay, the deadline being 7pm this evening. As such, he allowed you to go to the library of the Headquarters to have access to any books and resources required. In all cases, you would have asked to go there because between the screams of the test subjects or his potential yelling for nothing would have just made you murder someone.

So here you are, sitting at one of the library's table, books surrounding you, and writing on multiple sheets all kind of things that could be interesting.

Snezhnaya's library is located in the Headquarters of the Fatui, so it is a well guarded place. It is as luxurious as the building in itself, as well as extremely wide yet less than the Akademiya's. You made a mental note to yourself to come back here to borrow some books that could be interesting. 

There aren't many people here, and the place is as quiet as a tomb. Only footsteps or sounds of pages being turned can be heard.

It has been hours since you entered the place, the receptionist (who is of course a Fatuus) asked you once if you would like to drink something. You requested a coffee to keep your head awake and active.

However, since a few minutes, you feel a presence behind you. The shadows of two men are confirming your thoughts, yet you didn't do anything and preferred to stay focus on your essay. You cannot get distracted by some random people.

Then, you feel to hands firmly grabbing your shoulders and suddenly turning you around, leading to you facing the two persons who were watching you.
Or mainly you should say the group of people who was watching you.

You immediately recognise them. They are some of Dottore's clones. You feel a bit uncomfortable due to their stares and how their masks are hiding their facial expressions.

"So this is our new assistant?" One looking like the real Dottore says. The voice's tone is different from him. "I would have seen him slightly older."

"Don't get your hopes down, Omega. I heard that other old man saying to Prime he has potential." A younger seeming one replies, a hand under his chin and his red eyes piercing maliciously at you.

All of them give some comments about you, not that you really care anyway. You are mainly fascinated by the fact all seem independent and can think by themselves alone. All also seem to have their own personalities. Some are more or less angered, selfish ect... Yet, they share one common point: arrogance.

All of a sudden, one of them grabs your chin quite firmly and has his face closer to yours. He is looking quite young, probably in his 20s. He has short light blue hair with a mask that covers most of his face except the eyes and his right cheek.