Chapter 14: Medicines

Art by @mojiuxuan on Twitter

-------------------------

"That's your own fault (Y/N)!"

You send a glare at Dottore who is making the hundred steps in your room, hands are behind his back. All of a sudden, he turns his body toward you.

"You decided to stay lying down in the snow, no problem; but don't start complaining because you caught the flue."

You bring up the bed sheets to reach the level of your mouth to stay in the warmth. You squeeze a bit your eyes.

"Please Dottore, stop yelling, you're making my headache even worse." Your voice is muffled slightly by the sheets, but he managed to hear you.

He is angry since yesterday evening, after his colleagues basically reported him your "unacceptable" behaviour. When he went to find you near 11pm in your room, he didn't mind waking you up to scold you on how you should not speak to your higher ups the way you did.

But you know why he was on the nerves: Capitano went to find him and basically slammed him against the wall because of how you have disrespected him.

Fair enough.

Dottore mutters some stuff barely audible before immediately stopping in his tracks and turns his body toward you.

"Have you taken any medicines?"

Your eyes immediately widen at the last word and you bring the bed sheets up your face, entirely covering you.

"Everything but medicines! I'd rather die than drinking those disgusting herbs! They're so bitter!!" You complain under the sheets and your boss rolls his eyes.

"Balderdash! Don't move, I'm going to fetch you some things."

He walks out of the room and you immediately look up, your eyes still widened.

Medicines have become a sensitive subject to you since you have started working with Baizhu. Indeed, when you were sick, he would give you some herbs to brew that are absolutely bitter. Yes, they worked amazingly, but the bitter taste is not worth the efficiency to you. Since then, you have incredibly decreased your consumption of medicine and would only take some when it is absolutely needed.

Dottore comes back five minutes later with a tray of small bottles and you hide yourself once more under the sheets.

He puts the tray on the nightstand and looks down at you, curled up under the sheets.

"(Y/N), get out of here."

After a few seconds of silence, he grabs the bed sheets and sends them flying at the other end of the bed. You look up at him with what seems like a frightened look.

"I don't want to; I'll be fine in the end with or without medicines!" You say to which he completely ignores. Dottore pours some liquid in a spoon and looks back at you.

"Stop complaining and take this first."
You immediately jump out of the bed as he brings the spoon closer to you. You take distances with him and shake your head multiple times.

"Listen Dottore, everything but medicines! I will fulfil whatever request you wish, but please; I don't want to have the bitter taste for days!" You say as you step backward.

"Oh my fucking god (Y/N), stop acting like a brat! Take these goddamn medicines and stop wasting my time! Do not force me to use sedative!" Dottore's lips turn more into a frown which shows his impatience.

You take a quick glance at the door of your bedroom, but unfortunately, Dottore noticed it and closed the door, locking it on the way. He then walks toward you and you keep stepping back. He pauses for a moment and you pause as well, getting ready to hide inside your bathroom.