Chapter 8: Liyue

Art by @Mojiuxuan on Twitter

TW: slight NSFW

------------------

"So tell me (Y/N)..." Baizhu's calm voice says as he puts some sugar in his tea, "Would you mind explaining what this expulsion matter is?"

He puts down the spoon before that his golden eyes meet yours, scrutinizing you. You swear that sometime, you are wondering if he really wasn't a snake during his previous life. This man can be as sneaky and mischievous as a snake.

You even heard some people saying that he is actually an adeptus which would explain why his snake can speak and how he can create effective medicine. Some others are saying that the snake is actually Baizhu and that the human body is only a way to not appear suspicious.

These theories were quite farfetched, but you found them funny. Baizhu even heard some of them. He just sometimes plays along for his own entertainment.

You take a sip of the tea and think, trying to find a way to escape the conversation.

"Can I go to the t-"
"No."

His eyes squint slightly, as if he tries to read your thoughts. You take a sharp breath, trying to calm yourself.

At this point, you are sweating a lot. He would literally kill you.

"Well, hum, this is a sensitive topic for sensitive people so I prefer to warn you in cas-"

"I might be sick, but my mind is far from sensible. However my patience will rapidly become sensible if you keep avoiding the subject. Speak."

Yep, no way out....

"It is because of baseless rumours. Y'know, they just want to save up their reputation so, hop, they expelled me so there would be no more rumours."

"Even a simpleton would not believe a single word you have pronounced." Hisses the snake. Her red eyes look directly at you while she is lying on her master's laps.

"Look, it's a very long story and all, and since it is late we should go t-"

"I won't let you go before you explain what happened at the Akademiya."

You sigh in defeat and cross your arms.
"Alright, I did some experiments that harmed other students, used illegal products, went to expeditions without authorisation and escaped the Aaru Village while I was supposed to stay there... There are maybe some more..." You roll your eyes before looking at your cup of tea on the table.

"I do understand the Akademiya has an asshole as a Grand Sage. However, I am sure this man would have great reasons to expel a student at some times. I refuse to believe that simple experiments or unauthorized expeditions would be the cause of your expulsion. Many students had broken the rules and only got a warning. Nothing more and nothing less." The doctor says before taking a sip.

"(Y/N), I was the one who enrolled you here and was responsible of you in a way. I would really appreciate that you give me every details about your expulsion."

You mumble your answer under your breath.
"I haven't heard what you said."

"The experiments were tested on students I kidnapped and some didn't survive..."