Chapter 9: "Holidays"

Art by @CHKN Hero on Twitter

------------------

"And this is how I've poisoned one of Capitano's troupes after he had the nerves to insult me behind my back. But fortunately for them, it was a poor poison which only sent them to bed for a week. At least it was fun to do." You shrug as you lean on your office chair.

Tartaglia's assistant nods at what you say, though he's shaking in fear. He looks like if he's being forced to stay here and listen to your ramblings about dissections and poison.

C'mon, you've only described dismemberment.

It is the second day you are working at the Northern Bank. The first time you went there, you were greeted by the Eleventh who gave you your tasks and an office to use for the work. All the tasks given were about administration and classing files.

Only annoyance.

That's why when someone is passing by, you keep them in the office for as long as you can just to cast your annoyance on someone else and distract yourself. And when there was no-one, well, you were finishing the papers early and take a little nap to catch up with your sleeping schedule.

You were about to speak again when the office door swung open to reveal a ginger haired tall man. The two of you look at the man who dared entering without knocking. He has a smirk on his face.

The audacity...

You were about to get up when he interrupts you.

"Hey buddy, hold still. We don't want someone already hurt to injure themselves even more, do we?"

You sit back down on your chair and cross your arms.
"And wouldn't knock before entering a room be more polite?"

He laughs while you simply glare at him. It's not because he is a Harbinger that he can disrespect simple rules.

"You're extremely funny buddy, but don't get too wild. I don't think all your higher ups would be as tolerant as I am."

You send him a bad look, only to make him understand he is getting in your nerves.

"Putting this aside, I would like to take the files you were supposed to fill." He steps toward your desk and take a pile of paper you had out on the side, "Also Dmitri, I would like you to send some agents for a debt collect. The house is located in the south of Qingce Village."

"Right away My Lord." Tartaglia's assistant bows his head and quickly leaves the room.

After a good minute reading some of the documents, the Harbinger looks up and smiles at you.

"Everything is in order. Good job. I would also ask you to finish the rest of the paperwork for... Let's say in two hours?"

You nod at him as agreement and a silence plans on the room. His ocean blue eyes stare into yours, like if he tries to fill the silence with his stare.

"Can I ask you a question by the way?" You raise your eyebrow at him. What could he even ask you? You've entered the Fatui not so long ago. You nod.

"Does, hum... Does Dottore really fuck his clones?"

You frown at him. What the heck is this question? How are you even supposed to know?