Chapter 3: Il Dottore

Art by @weyowang on Twitter

TW: Human experimentation, blood

-------------------------

A tempered air warms a bit your body compared to the cold air of the building. Indeed, if the Doctor wants to have successful experiments and results, he needs to work in a tempered place.

Standing in front of the door, you immediately see a familiar masked man with blue hair, staring at you. Il Dottore.

He is sat in front of one of his lab tables, papers scattered around it, his chin resting on the back of his hand.

"Good afternoon." You lowly say as you both stare at each other.

The silence is kinda awkward, and you can tell he is analysing you. Hands joined in behind you, you give him the best poker face you have made to hide your impatience. 

First of all, you weren't expecting to see him here since Pantalone said he has some business to attend in Sumeru. Now, you're in front of him and he's analysing you like if you were a total stranger entering his territory.

After several seconds passed, he eventually gets up and walks toward you, hands behind him.

"(Y/N) (L/N)... Pleasure to finally meet you." He says as he hands you his hand to shake with a smirk on his face. You confusedly look at him but still shake his hand.

"With all due respect, weren't you supposed to stay in Sumeru for some business?" You hesitantly ask, not wanting to sound disrespectful.

You have a plan: be all polite and good until a few days when you will start doing your shit. This sound good.

"That is the excuse that bot came with?" His tone was quite dry, but you don't focus on that. 

Does that mean he has sort of clones of himself? 

"Pantalone was the one who actually said this." Only excuse for you to get out of the small shit you got yourself into. Sorry Panty, but it is for my own sake.

"Him again. He better give me the money required for those experiments instead of causing unnecessary troubles wherever he goes." You don't perfectly hear what the man just muttered, but you could clearly feel he doesn't kin Pantalone.

"Anyways, onto the main topic. You have already signed the contract I presume."
You nod as an answer and he smirks again.

"Perfect. Before starting anything, I will explain you how things work here and quickly show you around." He makes a small follow sign for you to follow him.

"As you might already know, I am principally taking care of everything that concerns researches and chemistry. As such, perfection and implication in the work are highly required." Hands behind his back, the man talks in a deep but imposing voice as he walks elegantly through the room.

"As you must have understood, I am sending clones to fulfil some of my duties since my schedule is pretty busy. You will sometimes receive orders from some of them and it is highly advised to not deceive them. The one before you was named Krugg. He would have been used as a test subject at some point if one of the clones hadn't killed him for trying to divulge information about our plans." He then points to some doors and explain that one is the reserve while the other one mustn't be entered at any cost.

You don't try to understand what is behind that door. He doesn't want you to enter it, you don't enter it.

"You will be working during the whole day, between 8h and 19h. It can be longer or shorter depending of the duty asked or if you are sent in a mission."