Chapter 20: Zandik

Start from the beginning

There is pure silence in the room after you harshly pronounced every single of these words. Everyone stopped what they were doing just to see the sixth Harbinger being scolded by the Second's right arm.

You let go of Scaramouche's arm and leave the room, enraged. The puppet heavily sighs of annoyance and gives you a middle finger after noticing Dottore's clone ready to send him an attack if he dares lay a finger on you. He then looks at the workers who immediately go back to their doings when he sets his eyes on them.

"Tsk, damn mortals, always trying to feel superior to gods."

Scaramouche then walks toward Omega and Azar to see what they are discussing.

"You have vexed him." Dottore says carelessly.

"Your employee seriously needs to call down! Getting mad over a vision, how childish!" He replies with a pissed off tone,

If Omega had eyes, he would have clearly rolled them. But well, he simply ignores The Sixth's reflection, not finding any will to start a fight.

"I suppose he has filled you up with the plan, did he?"

"Barely."

"Fool." An insult directed toward Scaramouche, though he believes Omega spoke about you. "You won't be in that machine right away. An experiment with dreams has to be done since (Y/N) has insisted on the potential it can be. Either way, there are two case scenarios: he'll get bored of his game or someone will manage to free the people of Sumeru."

His voice shows he's not really caring about this. "Then, we will seal Buer's consciousness and you'll be able to start using that machine. We will also have to test a few things with the students who try to see the gods."

Azar shoots a glare at Dottore.
"What are you planning on doing with my students about this?"

The clone shrugs.
"I will only make an experiment on one. We don't want the Akademiya to suspect anything, do we?"

Azar still frowns at Dottore, not sure if he should trust him about this. Yet, he doesn't say a thing, not daring to suffer the anger of the second of the Fatui Harbingers.

You keep mumbling as you walk toward the exit of the Akademiya. Your boots are practically crushing against the floor, the nails and metal parts making heavy and noticeable sounds echoing through the hallways. The Corp of Thirty inside the school does not dare stop you or try to calm you down. The students, researchers and engineers are stepping aside from your way just in case.

As you arrive near the fountain in the entrance, you remove your vision and cast it outside as soon as the gates open to let some Dastur enter. They immediately bend down as soon as they see the volatile. You let the object fall in one of the streets of Sumeru, not caring about it, though you know it will appear near you in a few seconds.

And just like predicted, it appears right next to you, on the edge of the fountain. It shines slightly, as to show it just appeared.

You would love taking one of those guns from Fontaine and shoot the vision until it breaks, but it will only lead to shock waves just like last time.

"Fuck Celestia and its damned Archons." You say out loud after taking a deep breath to calm you down.

You then walk toward the exit, purposely leaving the vision behind. Once outside, you go near the edge of the sort of balcony. You sit on the barrier and remove your mask.

You take a breath and...

"Hey."

You stop, not looking anywhere but in front of you. Someone decided to ruin your moment of peace and they will most likely go back home with a leg and half of their organs missing.