⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟑𝟗

the second jeno was out of sight, reality came crashing down on sumin. she was overjoyed at what had just had happened but at the same time devastated that they were now separated. she had to survive. she had to make it back to him.

"so..." haechan broke the silence, catching her attention. he had a know-it-all smile on his face. he was glad for his best friend but was also worried about renjun who had grown quiet, sitting beside him.

to sumin it was bittersweet. she couldn't pretend like renjun didn't have feelings for her but she also couldn't ignore her feelings for jeno either. the truth would've come out eventually but she could only hope their friendship wouldn't be affected.

"i saw that coming from a mile away." renjun finally said, meeting her eyes. he felt strings tugging at his heart. of course, he was hurt but he only wanted the best for sumin. "it's okay. i understand."

"i..."

"we should move from here."

"yea, yes. help me get him up." she replied, lifting haechan's arm to place around her shoulder. he let out a pained groan, his head falling back. "it's almost over, haechan."

"i can't do it."

"yes, you can! we're not giving up on you." renjun said. "we're going to get you that serum and everything will be fine."

the three hurried as fast as they could to make it closer to the tunnels so it would be easier for mark and the others to reach them.

"you can do it, haechan." sumin said, hearing his heavy breathing and grunting as he fought to keep himself from turning into a crank.

"we're almost there." renjun pointed ahead at the steps but then suddenly haechan's legs gave way, dragging them down to the floor.

"hey, haechan!" sumin exclaimed, quickly adjusting them so that she could see his face. he gasped for air, his eyes lifeless and his body limp. "stay with me. stay with me."

"we have to keep moving him." renjun said, tugging at his arm and she nodded. even if haechan's body refused to move, they would have to drag him all the way.

"sumin? can you hear me?" yurim's voice echoed around them from the speakers. "i need you to listen to what i have to say. i know i've given you no reason to trust me. but haechan can be saved."

sumin and renjun shared a hopeful look and then turned to their friend who was unmoving on the floor.

"he still has time. he can be saved. i told you it was impossible that jisung wasn't sick anymore but i was wrong... he's cured. he isn't sick anymore because renjun's blood cured him. renjun's blood is the cure and yours could be as well. are you hearing me, sumin, renjun? you can save haechan and so many more lives. please, come back to me. we can save everyone."

suddenly, it went quiet as the speakers turned off and the lights around them began to flicker.

"i... i have to go." renjun said.

"renjun, what?" sumin's head snapped to face him.

"you heard her. my blood is the cure." he replied, his eyes teary as he glanced at haechan. "i can save him."

"mark is bringing the serum. he's going to be fine. you don't have to go there!" she wanted to reach out and pull him back but she didn't want to let go of haechan.

"but that serum wasn't made with my blood. it'll help him for a bit but then he'll need more. if i go to yurim, we can cure him for good." he said and turned around to head back to wicked's building.

"renjun! renjun, don't leave me here dammit!" sumin cried out, tears threatening to spill. she felt haechan move around and then he sat up, turning to look at her. "haechan...?"