⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟕

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞

a month had passed since mark had been taken and things in the right arm had settled. taeil had recovered from the gunshot that everyone believed would kill him. it was a miracle.

the right arm had moved to a new location and started building a temporary hideout by the coastline as it was no longer safe to stay in the mountains. there was an abandoned ship that some people began working on so that they could use it to reach the safe haven when those who were taken were rescued.

"oi, sumin." there was a knock on the door to her room and then it opened. chenle stepped inside.

"ever heard of knocking?!" she yelled, ducking to hide and clutching her shirt that she was in the middle of changing into.

"breakfasts nearly ready." he yawned, waving his hand at her and turning away. "i'm not interested in you. don't worry."

"you are so annoying." she sighed, pulling her shirt on and smacking him on the back of his head. over the last few weeks, the two grew closer, sumin treating him like an annoying little brother and him living up to the title.

"haechan was pestering me about getting you to try his food before anyone else."

"of course he was."

now that they had settled down somewhere and were allowed to pick roles to help their civilisation, haechan jumped at the opportunity to work in the kitchens. the others had also taken upon roles similar to the ones in the glade, sumin, renjun, jeno and jaemin working on a plan to get mark back, chenle helping taeil with working on a cure and other stuff, jisung working on the rebuilding of the ship. they were all also training with weapons and hand-to-hand combat.

"sumin, my favourite food taste tester!" haechan exclaimed when she entered the kitchen.

"why couldn't you have just gotten one of these idiots to try it?" she pointed to the rest of their friends sitting around.

"good morning to you as well, sunshine." jeno mumbled, rolling his eyes.

"don't give me attitude, mister." she grabbed ahold of his ear and pulled at it making him cry out in pain.

"jaemin, help me!"

his friend only laughed at him and shook his head. everyone had noticed a change in jeno. the jeno from the glade would have fought sumin and knocked her out for even touching him but now he actually put up with her and renjun's presence and had normal conversations with them. it was a nice change.

"can you try my food already." haechan stomped his foot, his arms crossed over his chest.

"alright you big baby." she took the spoon he had laid out on a plate and tasted the tomato soup. her eyes lit up and she faced him with a grin. "is this the exact tomato soup i helped you make when i first arrived in the glade?"

"you remembered." he let out a sigh of relief.

"how could i ever forget?"

"can i eat now?" renjun groaned, his head on the table.

"this guy really made us sit here starving just so that sumin could taste test it and be all sentimental." boram said, copying him.

"when did you get here?" jisung asked, confused by the girl sitting next to him.

"i was here before you even woke up." she scoffed as haechan began serving the food to everyone in the kitchen and placed the rest of the tomato soup in a pot outside for anyone else who was awake to serve themselves.